TRANSCEND Member Fredrik Reffermehl on Al Jazeera’s ‘Inside Story’: What Nobel Really Wanted
A jailed Chinese activist is awarded the Nobel Peace prize, and Beijing summons the Norwegian ambassador in protest. Is the Nobel Peace Prize still contributing to world peace in the way Alfred Nobel envisioned?
Fredrik Reffermehl is the author of “The Nobel Peace Prize: What Nobel Really Wanted.”
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 11 Oct 2010.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: TRANSCEND Member Fredrik Reffermehl on Al Jazeera’s ‘Inside Story’: What Nobel Really Wanted, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- The World beyond Global Disorder: Johan Galtung
- A Warning from Chomsky and Ellsberg
- Vandana Shiva: “This Is How We Beat the Great Reset"
- RIP Mikhail Gorbachev, Nobel Peace Laureate
- Nuclear Strategy and Ending the War in Ukraine
- Global Demilitarization – The True Goal of the Nobel Peace Prize
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: