TRANSCEND Member Fredrik Reffermehl on Al Jazeera’s ‘Inside Story’: What Nobel Really Wanted
A jailed Chinese activist is awarded the Nobel Peace prize, and Beijing summons the Norwegian ambassador in protest. Is the Nobel Peace Prize still contributing to world peace in the way Alfred Nobel envisioned?
Fredrik Reffermehl is the author of “The Nobel Peace Prize: What Nobel Really Wanted.”
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 11 Oct 2010.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: TRANSCEND Member Fredrik Reffermehl on Al Jazeera’s ‘Inside Story’: What Nobel Really Wanted, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- 'Bill Gates Is Continuing the Work of Monsanto'
- Snowden on Secret U.S. Surveillance
- A Conversation with Daniel Ellsberg
- The Afghan War –> 200l-2021
- The Inflation Red Herring
- 126 Nobel Laureates Warn 'Humanity Taking Colossal Risks with Our Common Future'
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: