Global Peace Science of Dialogue & Human Dignity: Towards 21st Century
CURRENT AFFAIRS, 31 Jul 2017
Our Globalized World
In an age of globalization, the struggle for human rights & human dignity has become more complex and challenging. While protections for human rights are increasingly passed by governments and international bodies like the United Nations, grave threats to and gross violations of human rights are also on the rise.
In the Nineteenth Century (1815-1914) – The world changed dramatically through the process of globalization, where economic, political, social, cultural and technological factors interacted in complex ways to transform the people, societies and reshape external relations.
Globalization is the process by which all peoples and communities come to experience an increasingly common economic, social and cultural environment for creating common good for all.
As the world has been transformed into a global village, the globalization process affects everybody throughout the world. Globalization is having a major impact not only on the business world but also on the whole humanity. Globalization is a multidimensional phenomenon, comprising “numerous complex and interrelated processes of people, population & poverty; social & cultural issues such as peace, human rights, human dignity & welfare of human beings in 21st century.
- Is Globalization good or bad? Global recession, poverty, climate change, conflict & violence; human rights & human dignity became the most important challenges due to the process of Globalization in 21st century.
Global Peace & Human dignity
“Peace is not only absence of war but giving respect and living with dignity for creating a better world”.
The futures of our planet and humanity are inextricably woven together. Poverty, peace Population explosion , Climate Change, Cultural threat of human values and the threat of nuclear war are the five major threats to humanity. We have reduced the world to its present state of chaos by our prejudices by our egoistic behavior and by our self-centered activities towards nature and towards human being.
Human Dignity is The Basis of Fundamental Human Rights
The 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights enshrined this principle in its preamble: ‘recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world’.
Rights in the Universal Declaration derive from and are essential to “human dignity,” a concept vague enough to raise few issues, ideological or political. The purpose of recognizing rights is to promote other agreed values: recognition of rights “is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace.”
The purpose of recognizing rights is to promote other agreed values: recognition of rights “is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace.” “Peace,” and “justice,” undefined, were accepted as universal values.
Article 1: All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
- Article 1 provides that all people are born free and equal in dignity and rights and, because of common birth into the human family, should treat one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
- Article 2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: “Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, color sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, origin … or other status …”
Global Peace- Science of Dialogue & Dignity
The UNESCO Constitution says: “That since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defences of peace must be constructed; … that the peace must therefore be founded, if it is not to fail, upon the intellectual and moral solidarity of mankind.”
Peace is not only absence of war. But Peace is about people –how we handle problems and how we live together with peace & dignity? Peace is about community –about working together peacefully, living with dignity, encouraging each other, helping each other to live better, more fulfilling lives.
“Harmony should become the key value of global humankind, the main subject of science and public consciousness in the 21st century to survive and prosper in planetary peace.”
Global Peace is the Science of peace from harmony, Science of Dialogue & Science of Dignity for developing global nonviolent sustainable world. The necessity to develop Global Peace Science (GPS) based on the idea of world harmony, which includes all human values and is intuitively shared by all civilizations in the history. Global Peace is the science for peace from harmony and science of human dignity for creating sustainable peace and harmonious society.
“Global peace science is a key of intellectual peace solidarity of humanity and general hope of all nations to real peace and prosperity on the Earth”.
Seven main Principles of Global Peace & Human Dignity for creating a Better world.
We all have this common mission of ‘Peace on the Earth’ and Global vision for world peace & Oneness of Humanity. It is imperative that every human being bears the responsibility of building peace from harmony together with building the world peace & human unity. The seven main principles of Global Peace & Human Dignity for creating a better world are as follows:
- Principle of Oneness We are part of a global whole, everything in the universe are interconnected and interdependent through the principle of oneness.
- Principle of Understanding: Understanding is the necessary condition for the peaceful harmonious relationship as mutual tolerance between the people & unity of culture & religions.
- Principle of Respect: Human unity in cooperation is impossible without the respect for each other. Dignity is about living with respect & peace value for self-growth and growth of others for developing global sustainable society
- Principle of Dialogue: Peace in harmony can be achieved through dialogue for oneness, understanding, respect, love, knowledge and dignity. Dialogues among religions foster mutual respects and deeper understanding of faiths.
- Principle of Love: “Love & Compassion for others open the doors for unity of people & unity of religions ” for living peacefully & joyfully.
- Principle of Knowledge: All that is done by people – all that is done on their knowledge and consciousness. The highest goal of building global peace from respect and dignity.
- Principle of Human dignity: The preservation and strengthening of human dignity is a necessary criterion to build peace from harmony and prosperity on the Earth. Global Peace & Dignity is a movement for world Peace & oneness of humanity. Peace from harmony, peace from culture and Peace from Dignity.
Let us Join the Global Peace & Dignity Movement! To create a new world order.
“Global Peace Science on Social Harmony & Human well-being in 21st Century” http://peacefromharmony.org/docs/global-peace-science-2016.pdf
Dr. Subhash Chandra, GHA President and Board Chairman, Global Harmony Association, India. GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament from Harmony, http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=583. E-mail: email@example.com
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 31 Jul 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Global Peace Science of Dialogue & Human Dignity: Towards 21st Century, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.