‘Vaccine Passports’: An Update
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS, 26 Apr 2021
20 Apr 2021 – From a strategic perspective, ‘vaccine passports’ are the most important aspect of the entire pandemic; in fact, they are more important than the pandemic itself, at least in the long term. This is because vaccine passport advocates, such as the ID2020 consortium founded by Bill Gates and the Rockefeller Foundation, openly state that ‘vaccine passports’ may be used as a platform for a global biometric ID, allowing unprecedented population control and monitoring, modeled after China.
The push for ‘vaccine passports’ continues despite the fact that covid vaccines are experimental vaccines that have not yet been approved anywhere. In fact, some countries have already stopped the use of some of the vaccines: for instance, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health stopped the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, stating that “the risk of dying after vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine would be higher than the risk of dying from the disease, particularly for younger people.”
In a careful analysis in MedPage Today, US medical professor Vinay Prasad argues that ‘vaccine passports’ are, from a medical and social perspective, ‘a bad idea’.
Some recent developments in the field of ‘vaccine passports’
- In June, the Swiss will vote on the “covid law” enacted under ’emergency conditions’ by their government, which would form the legal basis for both ‘contract tracing’ and ‘vaccine passports’. Opponents call it ‘the most dangerous law Switzerland has ever seen’, while the government tries to bribe or pressure the population into accepting it by including emergency payments to businesses in the same law.
- In the US, several states have already prohibited ‘vaccine passports’. In contrast, some other US states have introduced ‘vaccine passport’ ‘pilot projects’, and some universities will require vaccinations for all students, despite the fact that covid vaccines have not yet been approved/licensed by the FDA and several students have already died after vaccination. The US federal government stated that it will leave ‘vaccine passports’ ‘to the private sector’.
- The European Union is pushing towards an EU-wide ‘Green Pass’, something it has planned for behind the scenes already since 2018. The EU Commission claimed that if the EU doesn’t introduce ‘vaccine passports’, Google and Apple might do it (as they already inserted the ‘contact tracing’ interface into 3 billion mobile phones). On the other hand, an open petition with already close to 300,000 signatures demands a stop to vaccination certificates in the EU.
- In the UK, ‘vaccine passports’ are also ‘being trialed’ by the government, whereas UK church leaders warned that ‘vaccine passports’ are “one of the most dangerous policy proposals ever to be made in the history of British politics” with the “potential to bring about the end of liberal democracy as we know it”.
- The WHO argued against the introduction of ‘vaccine passports’, at least for the time being, noting that they would create global inequality and that the effectiveness of vaccines against transmission remains unclear. Indeed, several thousand cases of ‘breakthrough infections’ have already been reported in ‘fully vaccinated’ people.
- Israel was the first country to implement a digital “Green Pass” scheme. Opponents call it ‘a nightmare’, and even supporters concede that it is ‘redundant’ as most people have already been vaccinated anyway.
- India is also issuing digital ‘vaccination certificates’. A government official predicted that “these certificates may soon be required for people to travel internationally. Also, these certificates may be used to enter buildings domestically.”
- South Korea announced the introduction of a “blockchain-protected digital vaccine passport”. The prime minister openly stated that “the introduction of a vaccine passport or ‘Green Pass’ will only allow those who have been vaccinated to experience the recovery to their daily lives.”
- Japan announced to join the EU and China in issuing digital vaccine passports to “enable international travel for vaccinated people.”
- New Zealand plans a “no jab, no job” policy enforced by employers.
Bill Gates demanding ‘digital immunity proof’ in March 2020
His last, apodictic sentence was edited out of the TED Talk.
- The global ‘vaccine passport’ agenda
- Covid Vaccines: Post-Vaccination Deaths
- Can Covid Vaccinations Drive Covid Deaths?
Swiss Policy Research, founded in 2016, is an independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit research group investigating geopolitical propaganda in Swiss and international media. SPR is composed of independent academics that for personal and professional reasons prefer to protect their identities, and receives no external funding; there are no financial sponsors or backers. Our articles have been published or shared by numerous independent media outlets and journalists, among them Julian Assange, and have been translated into more than two dozen languages.
Tags: Bill Gates, COVID-19, Coronavirus, Vaccine Passports, Vaccines
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS: