Coronavirus/COVID Pandemic: New Doubts, Revelations by US Congress
DEBATES ON COVID - VACCINES, 24 Jul 2023
“In Their Labs”: Fifteen Illuminating Passages in The Proximal Origin, Chats and Emails
18 Jul 2023 – Communications between officials and scientists who wrote the key paper promoting a natural origin for Covid-19 show doubts, interference, politicized science, and more.
Public and Racket have just published a pair of stories about a scientific cover-up and the manufacture of a major media deception, respectively, in the Covid-19 crisis. Both stories rely upon newly released documents from the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, which is investigating communications between the authors of the influential Nature article from March, 2020, The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2, and health officials like Drs. Anthony Fauci, Francis Collins, and Jeremy Farrar.
You can read the backstory involving these documents in the two pieces linked above. The key characters are Proximal Origin co-authors Dr. Kristian Andersen, Dr. Robert Garry, Dr. Andrew Rambaut, Dr. Edward Holmes, and Dr. Ian Lipkin. Here, I thought Racket readers might benefit from a simple list of illustrations showing key exchanges. You can draw your own conclusions:
- Jeremy Farrar, now of the WHO, not only edited the Nature draft, he made a key change to its most quoted line:
- Proximal Origin Co-Author Kristian Andersen makes reference to a draft being ready to “go up the chain”:
- Dr. Garry mentions that some may not like an early draft because it “allows… the nCoV may have arisen during cell culture passage in a lab (their labs).”
- Farrar will “push Nature” to get the article out “ASAP”:
- Andersen gets rejection letter from Nature, with concern about “whether such a piece would feed or quash the conspiracy theories”:
- Andersen laments that a draft doesn’t “refute a lab origin” which “must be considered as a serious scientific theory” and “not dismissed out of hand as a conspiracy theory”:
- Co-author Ian Lipkin is not only “very worried about the furin cleavage site,” but “high ups are as well, inc. intel”:
- “Close enough?” Co-authors propose cartoon image of EcoHealth Alliance’s Peter Daszak:
- Dr. Holmes: “Good idea not to mention all the other anomalies as this will make us look like loons.”
- Garry roots for Trump to “say more dumb stuff about the origins of the China virus, possibly poisoning Sino-American relations for decades,” then asks, “Does this make me a bad person?”
- Holmes on news that Lipkin has contracted Covid-19: “Well, that’s made my day.”
- Andersen “still leaning towards” cell culture hypothesis:
- “The furin would be the first thing to add for sure.”
- “Whatever has happened here, the virus has become very quickly loaded for human transition.”
- Andersen: “The presence of furin moves me a posteriori slightly more towards accidental release..”
Tags: COVID-19, Coronavirus, Corruption, Half Truth, Manipulation, Official Lies and Narratives, Pandemic, Research, US Congress
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
DEBATES ON COVID - VACCINES: