Global Peace Science Agenda for the UN, UNESCO, G20 and EU
CONFLICT RESOLUTION - MEDIATION, 12 Jun 2017
“The internal harmony of the world is the only true objective reality.”
“Harmony should become the key value of global humankind, the main subject of science and public consciousness in the 21st century in order to survive and prosper in planetary peace.”
The UNESCO Constitution says: “That since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defences of peace must be constructed; … that the peace must therefore be founded, if it is not to fail, upon the intellectual and moral solidarity of mankind.” Unfortunately, the scientific theoretical defences of global peace were not constructed or founded in the minds of men until now, while military science has been developing rapidly for more than two centuries. Therefore, in reality, the opposite happens: defense of war instead of peace defence. The nations plan the architecture of various wars and aggressions; constantly increase military budgets and armaments, limiting their discussions only to issues of war and security from it, practically removing the questions of peace for the brackets of their meetings and summits. The best way “to construct peace defences” “upon the intellectual and moral solidarity” is global peace science acceptable and compulsory for all nations.
For this purpose, we are pleased to propose for your consideration the unprecedented peace initiative of the development of Global Peace Science (GPS), the first version of which was created during 11 years by the GHA 174 coauthors from 34 countries, including the President of India Dr. Abdul Kalam, three Nobel Peace Laureates and dozens of outstanding scientists and peacemakers: Http://peacefromharmony.org/docs/global-peace-science-2016.pdf
We realise that the initial version of GPS is far from perfection and requires its further improvement at the state level of each country and within the framework of the UN, designed to provide global peace with the most effective means, the first of which is PEACE SCIENCE. Only it is able to construct the defences of peace by the best way.
In this connection, we invite every leader of the UN member states to show your social responsibility for peace by your unique initiation of the Global Peace Agenda at the UN that will raise your peacemaking prestige highly. We invite you to include in the Agenda and put to the vote of the UN General Assembly in autumn 2017 the following 12 initiative proposals of this Agenda, or some of them at your discretion:
- The necessity to develop Global Peace Science (GPS) based on the idea of world harmony, which includes all human values and is intuitively shared by all civilizations in the history.
- Holding the International Scientific Contest for the best version of GPS under the auspices of the United Nations.
- Establishment of a Special Committee in the UN: “Global Peace Science against International Terrorism” as a tool for reconciliation of religions, antiterrorist immunity and overcoming the fundamentalist ideology of terrorism.
- Establishment of the “Global Peace Academy ” under the UN for research and education in the field of global peace and its branches in the world’s largest and nuclear-armed nations.
- Establishment of the “UN Week of Global Peace Science from Harmony” on January 24 to 31 or January 17 to 24 (following the example of the “UN Interfaith Harmony Week” on February 1 to 7, initiated by the King of Jordan at the UN General Assembly Session in 2010).
- The reissue of the book “Global Peace Science“, possibly by 2018 under the auspices of the UN and with the participation of world political leaders, primarily from nuclear powers.
- Conduct international statistical research into dynamics of a deep societal structure of spheral classes within the population in each country and worldwide since 1950 to 2015 by decades.
- Establish a permanent UN Project “Monitoring of War and Peace in the World Public Consciousness and the Media“.
- Establishing a “Peace Department” in the governmental structures of the world’s largest and nuclear countries.
- Work out the UN Model of global governance by general and complete disarmament, with the priority of nuclear disarmament within 10 years based on the GPS.
- Explore the Global Peace Thermodynamics as the UN Model of global governance for environmental, climate and other world challenges and risks of the 21st century.
- Consider developing “Global Peace Earth Constitution” based on the GPS.
All proposed initiatives are presented in a first approximation in the relevant articles in the GPS book or in the subsequent ones developing them.
The world leaders should be encouraged to plan similar initiatives at all summits of G20, G7 as well as in UNESCO and the EU, the European Parliament and its structures. These initiatives will offset the dangerous deficit of peace and harmony in all international institutions.
Similar peacemaking initiatives should prompt a highest level and example of social responsibility of the world leaders and international institutions for the fate of global peace and preservation of life on the Earth from global military and man-made threats.
The Global Harmony Association and its associated international peacemaking organizations will be happy to provide each of you with considerable intellectual potential that we have accumulated over many years of developing the original version of Global Peace Science.
Global Harmony Association (GHA) leaders:
Dr. Subhash Chandra, GHA President, India firstname.lastname@example.org,
Mr. Ramesh Kumar, GHA Executive Director, India email@example.com,
Dr. Surendra Pathak, President, GHA-India, India firstname.lastname@example.org,
Dr. Leo Semashko, GHA Founder and Honorary President, Russia email@example.com,
Dr. Dr., Prof. Emeritus Matjaž Mulej, Founder and President IRDO, Institute for Development of Social Responsibility, Maribor, Slovenia firstname.lastname@example.org,
Dr. Anita Hrast, IRDO, Professor of Economics email@example.com,
Dr. Nina Ring, IRDO, Professor of Economics firstname.lastname@example.org,
Dr. Julia Budnikova, GHA-Russia President, Russia
Dr. Ayo Ayoola-Amale, GHA-Africa President, Ghana
Dr. Uraz Baimuratov, GHA-Kazakhstan President, Kazakhstan
Dr. Bishnu Pathak, GHA Vice-President, Nepal
Ms. Delasnieve Daspet, GHA Vice-President, Brazil
Dr. Takis Ioannides, GHA Vice-President, Greece
Dr. Ernesto Kahan, GHA Vice-President, Israel
Dr. Guy Crequie, GHA Vice-President, France
Dr. Susana Roberts, GHA Vice-President, Argentina
Nobel Prize Laureates support:
John Scales Avery, Denmark, Nobel Peace Prize, 1995, shared
Mairead Maguire, North Ireland, Nobel Peace Prize, 1976
Frank Wilczek, USA, Nobel Prize in Physics, 2004, shared
Other peacemakers support:
Dr. Vladislav Krasnov, USA/Russia
Dr. Edward Lozansky, USA/Russia
Prof. Rudolf Siebert, USA
Dr. Laj Utrega, USA
Dr. Roger Kotila, USA
Dr. Sanjay Tewari, India
Ms. Sanjana Tewari, India
Dr. Francois Houtart, Belgium
Prof. Reimon Bachika, Japan
Mr. Heli Habyarimana, Rwanda
Dr. Noor Larik, Pakistan
Dr. Waheed Ahmad, Pakistan
Dr. W. Julian Korab-Karpowicz, Poland
And others, the list is open
In English: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=757
In Russian: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=ru_c&key=729
In Spanish: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=es_c&key=112
In Portuguese: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=po_c&key=91
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 12 Jun 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Global Peace Science Agenda for the UN, UNESCO, G20 and EU, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
CONFLICT RESOLUTION - MEDIATION: