Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Human Rights Situation in Palestine and Other Occupied Arab Territories
|25 Feb 2019 – In the present report, submitted pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution S-28/1, the independent international commission of inquiry investigates the demonstrations held in Gaza between 30 March and 31 December 2018, the response of Israeli security forces to the demonstrations and the impact on civilians in Gaza and Israel.
The commission was mandated to focus on accountability and identifying those responsible for violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law. The commission found reasonable grounds to believe that some violations may constitute international crimes.
Join the BDS-BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT, SANCTIONS campaign to protest the Israeli barbaric siege of Gaza, illegal occupation of the Palestine nation’s territory, the apartheid wall, its inhuman and degrading treatment of the Palestinian people, and the more than 7,000 Palestinian men, women, elderly and children arbitrarily locked up in Israeli prisons.
DON’T BUY PRODUCTS WHOSE BARCODE STARTS WITH 729, which indicates that it is produced in Israel. DO YOUR PART! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
7 2 9: BOYCOTT FOR JUSTICE!
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Mar 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Murder of Brazilian Indigenous Leader a ‘Worrying Symptom’ of Land Invasion
- US Blocks UN Statement to Condemn Demolition of Palestinian Homes
- NSA Whistleblower Speaks about Julian Assange & the ‘Shadow Government’
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- Provoking Iran Over and Over: US “Throwing Kitchen Sink” at Islamic Republic
- US Government Tops All for Creating Refugees
- Monsters Walk the Earth. Why These Three Countries Are the Real Troika of Evil
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- Israel’s War on Innocence: Palestinian Children in Israeli Military Courts
- I Can’t Support an Ideology Grounded in Jewish Privilege and Persecution of Palestinians
- Sur Baher Home Demolitions Illustrate a Vicious Spiral of Oppression in Palestine