Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Human Rights Situation in Palestine and Other Occupied Arab Territories
|25 Feb 2019 – In the present report, submitted pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution S-28/1, the independent international commission of inquiry investigates the demonstrations held in Gaza between 30 March and 31 December 2018, the response of Israeli security forces to the demonstrations and the impact on civilians in Gaza and Israel.
The commission was mandated to focus on accountability and identifying those responsible for violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law. The commission found reasonable grounds to believe that some violations may constitute international crimes.
Join the BDS-BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT, SANCTIONS campaign to protest the Israeli barbaric siege of Gaza, illegal occupation of the Palestine nation’s territory, the apartheid wall, its inhuman and degrading treatment of the Palestinian people, and the more than 7,000 Palestinian men, women, elderly and children arbitrarily locked up in Israeli prisons.
DON’T BUY PRODUCTS WHOSE BARCODE STARTS WITH 729, which indicates that it is produced in Israel. DO YOUR PART! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
7 2 9: BOYCOTT FOR JUSTICE!
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Mar 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Unequal Mercy
- Every Child Has a Right to Realize the Human Potential
- Millions of Girls Abused in the Name of Fake, Toxic Masculinity
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA:
- Yemeni Children Starve to Death amid Endless War
- Yemen: The Largest Humanitarian Crisis That No One Discusses
- How the Western Leaders Destroyed the Muslim World: We, the People, and Revival of Colonization
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- Israel Has Jailed 50,000 Palestinian Children since 1967, and the Number of Detentions Is Growing Rapidly: Report
- What to Expect from Netanyahu & Religious Zionism
- Top 5 Worst Things That Far-Right Netanyahu Could Do as Prime Minister