Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Human Rights Situation in Palestine and Other Occupied Arab Territories
|25 Feb 2019 – In the present report, submitted pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution S-28/1, the independent international commission of inquiry investigates the demonstrations held in Gaza between 30 March and 31 December 2018, the response of Israeli security forces to the demonstrations and the impact on civilians in Gaza and Israel.
The commission was mandated to focus on accountability and identifying those responsible for violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law. The commission found reasonable grounds to believe that some violations may constitute international crimes.
Join the BDS-BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT, SANCTIONS campaign to protest the Israeli barbaric siege of Gaza, illegal occupation of the Palestine nation’s territory, the apartheid wall, its inhuman and degrading treatment of the Palestinian people, and the more than 7,000 Palestinian men, women, elderly and children arbitrarily locked up in Israeli prisons.
DON’T BUY PRODUCTS WHOSE BARCODE STARTS WITH 729, which indicates that it is produced in Israel. DO YOUR PART! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
7 2 9: BOYCOTT FOR JUSTICE!
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Mar 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Australia High Court to Decide if Aboriginals without Citizenship Can Be Deported
- Decadent “Western Community of Values”. Human Trafficking and Sex Slavery
- UN Rights Experts Condemn Assange Arrest
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- How the West's War in Libya Has Spurred Terrorism in 14 Countries
- US-Backed Saudi Regime Beheads 37 Political Prisoners
- Saudi Arabia Beheads 37 People Guilty of 'Terrorism-Related Crimes'
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- Report: Leaked Draft of Trump’s Peace Plan Reveals Creation of ‘New Palestine,’ Promises to Join Israel in Next War in Gaza if Palestinians Reject
- Gaza Has Made Its Choice: It Will Continue to Resist
- 'Endless Trip to Hell': Israel Jails Hundreds of Palestinian Boys a Year. These Are Their Testimonies
THE UNITED NATIONS: