U.S. to Block Iran’s Request to IMF for $5 Billion Loan to Fight Coronavirus
7 Apr 2020 – The U.S. plans to block Iran’s requested $5 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund for funding Tehran says it needs to fight its coronavirus crisis. Trump administration officials say Tehran has billion-dollar accounts still at its disposal.
Tags: COVID-19, Coronavirus, Cruelty, Hegemony, Human Needs, Human Rights, IMF, Imperialism, Iran, Pandemic, Public Health, Sanctions, USA
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Defining Refugees in the Era of Climate Displacement
- Family of Girl, 12, Forced to Marry Abductor Condemn Pakistan Authorities
- A Murderous System Is Being Created Before Our Very Eyes
- On Bush’s Freudian Confession
- New Documents Show How Drug Companies Targeted Doctors to Increase Opioid Prescriptions
- USA's Selective Outrage over Ukraine Is Fashioned by a Well-Oiled Propaganda Machine... Just Ask the People of Yemen
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA:
- Yemen: The Largest Humanitarian Crisis That No One Discusses
- How the Western Leaders Destroyed the Muslim World: We, the People, and Revival of Colonization
- Iran Welcomes Signs of Reconciliation from Saudi Arabia
- Ukraine and the Global Economic War: Is This Barbarism or Civilization?
- Slavoj Zizek: It’s Naive to Think Bitcoin & NFT Give Us Freedom
- Did the NY Fed Confiscate $1.3 Billion in Afghan Gold?
- My First Aid Kit: Turmeric
- How Nanoplastics Enter the Human Body
- Medical Cannabis – The Entourage Effect
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS: