U.S. to Block Iran’s Request to IMF for $5 Billion Loan to Fight Coronavirus
7 Apr 2020 – The U.S. plans to block Iran’s requested $5 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund for funding Tehran says it needs to fight its coronavirus crisis. Trump administration officials say Tehran has billion-dollar accounts still at its disposal.
Tags: COVID-19, Coronavirus, Cruelty, Hegemony, Human Needs, Human Rights, IMF, Imperialism, Iran, Pandemic, Public Health, Sanctions, USA
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Defining Refugees in the Era of Climate Displacement
- Family of Girl, 12, Forced to Marry Abductor Condemn Pakistan Authorities
- A Murderous System Is Being Created Before Our Very Eyes
- Netflix to Launch WikiLeaks Smear Job Three Days Before Assange Court Date
- Tyrants of the Nanny State: When the Government Thinks It Knows Best
- How the U.S. Derailed an Effort to Prosecute Its Crimes in Afghanistan
- Did the NY Fed Confiscate $1.3 Billion in Afghan Gold?
- $10,000 Invested in Defense Stocks When Afghanistan War Began Now Worth almost $100,000
- Personal Reflections on Exposing the Myths of Money
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA:
- Iran Welcomes Signs of Reconciliation from Saudi Arabia
- Israel’s Attacks on Iran Are Not Working
- The Middle East: Geopolitical Battleground
- Dr Edward Jenner, the Father of Vaccination, in the Context of Covid-19 Pandemic
- Oral Cancer in Florida - World No Tobacco Day
- To Be Young Is to Be Healthy Forever
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS: