U.S. to Block Iran’s Request to IMF for $5 Billion Loan to Fight Coronavirus
7 Apr 2020 – The U.S. plans to block Iran’s requested $5 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund for funding Tehran says it needs to fight its coronavirus crisis. Trump administration officials say Tehran has billion-dollar accounts still at its disposal.
Tags: COVID-19, Coronavirus, Cruelty, Hegemony, Human Needs, Human Rights, IMF, Imperialism, Iran, Pandemic, Public Health, Sanctions, USA
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- On the Treatment of COVID-19
- How We Can Fix This Pandemic in a Month
- This Coronavirus Mutation Has Taken Over the World. Scientists Are Trying to Understand Why.
- Amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Thousands Stranded in Bay of Bengal ‘Unable to Come Ashore'
- Can a Virus Undermine Human Rights?
- Ending the Unthinkable Injustice of Human Chaining
- BOUNTYGATE: Scapegoating Systemic Military Failure in Afghanistan
- The Racist Underpinnings of the American Way of War
- USA: Cuban Spies Disguised as Doctors
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- Year Six of the War in Yemen
- Oliver Stone: USA Weaponizing COVID-19 against Venezuela and Iran
- U.S. to Block Iran’s Request to IMF for $5 Billion Loan to Fight Coronavirus
- Global Economy: Oil vs COVID-19
- Oil Plunges below Zero for First Time in Unprecedented Wipeout
- Self-Extinction of Neoliberalism? Don’t Bet on It