U.S. to Block Iran’s Request to IMF for $5 Billion Loan to Fight Coronavirus
7 Apr 2020 – The U.S. plans to block Iran’s requested $5 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund for funding Tehran says it needs to fight its coronavirus crisis. Trump administration officials say Tehran has billion-dollar accounts still at its disposal.
Tags: COVID-19, Coronavirus, Cruelty, Hegemony, Human Needs, Human Rights, IMF, Imperialism, Iran, Pandemic, Public Health, Sanctions, USA
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Unequal Mercy
- Every Child Has a Right to Realize the Human Potential
- Millions of Girls Abused in the Name of Fake, Toxic Masculinity
- Why Does U.S. Navy Allow Officers to Commit Gory Murders and Other Atrocities with Impunity?
- Indigenous People Push Back Against US 'Thanksgiving Mythology'
- SAMs for Uncle Sam
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA:
- Yemeni Children Starve to Death amid Endless War
- Yemen: The Largest Humanitarian Crisis That No One Discusses
- How the Western Leaders Destroyed the Muslim World: We, the People, and Revival of Colonization
- While Crypto Bro Scammed Clients, Reporters Scammed Readers
- US Aid to Ukraine Invested in Crypto FTX Scheme
- FTX: The Joke of Democracy
- WHO Director Dr. Tedros: Monkeypox Outbreak Is “Among Men Who Have Sex with Men”
- Microplastics from Masks Found Deep in Lungs of the Living
- My First Aid Kit: Turmeric
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS: