U.S. to Block Iran’s Request to IMF for $5 Billion Loan to Fight Coronavirus
7 Apr 2020 – The U.S. plans to block Iran’s requested $5 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund for funding Tehran says it needs to fight its coronavirus crisis. Trump administration officials say Tehran has billion-dollar accounts still at its disposal.
Tags: COVID-19, Coronavirus, Cruelty, Hegemony, Human Needs, Human Rights, IMF, Imperialism, Iran, Pandemic, Public Health, Sanctions, USA
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Activating the Genocide Convention
- Human Rights: Advances in Neurotechnology Lead to Calls for Protection against Abuse of ‘Brain Data’
- World Refugee Day Marked by 108 Million Being Displaced
- Israeli War Crimes and Propaganda Follow US Blueprint
- My Tense Exchange on a Train with US Sen. Chris Coons over Gaza
- Anyone Who Believes in the Hollywood Image of the CIA Should Come to Serbia—Where the Agency Has Long Aligned with One of the Country’s Most Notorious Criminal Gangs
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA:
- Israel Has Damaged Israel’s Reputation Far Worse Than Its Enemies Ever Have
- West Asian Governments Take Assertive Stances against Israeli Occupation and Its Crimes
- Why Israel Wants to Erase Context and History in the War on Gaza
- The IMF and World Bank Talk “Good Governance” but Walk with Corrupt Governments
- How People Are Fighting the World’s Reliance on the War Economy
- Can We Measure Inequality without Tallying the Wealth of the Wealthiest?
- Emerging Science: The True Precipitating Cause of Alzheimer’s May Be Much Simpler Than Previously Believed
- Got Titers? New Test Makes It Easy, Inexpensive to Find Out if You’re Immune to 11 Infectious Diseases
- WHO Director Dr. Tedros: Monkeypox Outbreak Is “Among Men Who Have Sex with Men”
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS: