COVID-19 Quick Update
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS, 15 Jun 2020
14 Jun 2020
- New York (video): An undercover nurse describes the fatal medical mismanagement of Covid patients in the notorious Elmhurst hospital in New York City. A must-watch to understand the NYC tragedy.
- Sweden: A series of charts shows how even in no-lockdown Sweden, and despite Sweden’s failure to protect nursing homes, total cumulative mortality remained below strong flu seasons of the past 30 years.
- Lockdowns: An Imperial College London study claimed the lockdowns saved “3 million lives in Europe”. In reality, they simply compared the unrealistic predictions of their own model to actual developments, as the case of Sweden makes evident.
- Face masks: A German study claimed face masks reduced infections, but in fact showed the opposite: they made no difference (p. 26/28). The city of Jena is an ‘exception’ only because it introduced Germany’s strictest quarantine rules at the same time.
- Mass gatherings: Another German study claimed to show the effectiveness of government measures, but in fact showed the very opposite: the growth rate fell sharply long before the lockdown, school closings, and even the ban on large gatherings.
- Contact tracing: Inside the NSA’s Secret Tool for Mapping Your Social Network
- Switzerland: 40% of workforce in short-time working, the highest value in Europe.
- Switzerland: The 26 members of parliament that voted against the introduction of a national proximity tracing app.
- Summary: Our now 30-point summary has been updated and expanded (German).
Swiss Policy Research, founded in 2016, is an independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit research group investigating geopolitical propaganda in Swiss and international media. SPR is composed of independent academics that for personal and professional reasons prefer to protect their identities, and receives no external funding; there are no financial sponsors or backers. Our articles have been published or shared by numerous independent media outlets and journalists, among them Julian Assange, and have been translated into more than two dozen languages.
Tags: COVID-19, China, Community, Compassion, Coronavirus, Cuba, Economy, Empathy, Environment, Health, Lockdown, Pandemic, Public Health, Research, Science, Science and Medicine, Semen, Sharing, Sperm, Trade, United Nations, WHO, World
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS: