Prime Minister, Crime Minister!
KUDANKULAM ANTI-NUCLEAR SATYAGRAHA, INDIA, POETRY FORMAT, 27 Aug 2012
S. P. Udayakumar – TRANSCEND Media Service
Prime Minister, Prime Minister, why did you keep coal
When none of your predecessors ever had this foal?
Did you sell non-players and new ones all the Black Gold
So thermal power goes down and nuclear becomes bold?
How much did nuke barons, promoters, brokers pay your fold
For bringing our country under Russians’ and Americans’ hold?
You’re indeed an eminent economist for the whole wide world
For you strike a bunch of mangoes for every stone hurled!
Crime Minister, Crime Minister, why didn’t you ever goad
All your ministers to work for India rather than have it sold?
S.P. Udayakumar, Ph.D. – Tamil Nadu, India:
* SACCER-South Asian Community Center for Education and Research (promoting life-long, life-wide and life-deep education)
* TRANSCEND Network, South Asia Convener (TSA) (For Rethinking South Asia)
* People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE)
* National Alliance of Anti-nuclear Movements (NAAM) (For a Nuclear-Free India that has No Deals, No Mines, No Reactors, No Dumps, and No Bombs)
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 27 Aug 2012.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Prime Minister, Crime Minister!, is included. Thank you.
If you enjoyed this article, please donate to TMS to join the growing list of TMS Supporters.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
KUDANKULAM ANTI-NUCLEAR SATYAGRAHA, INDIA:
- India’s Ambitions with Atomic Plants: Two Opposing Views
- Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant a 'Stillborn Child', Says S P Udayakumar
- India: Stop Harassing Anti-Nuclear Protesters