Animals Should Be Off the Menu
Philip Wollen, Australian Philanthropist, Former VP of Citibank, Makes Blazing Animal Rights Speech
He shakes the rafters of the auditorium with a 10-minute speech to the St James Ethics Centre and the Wheeler Centre debate in Australia. The larger debate consists of six speakers, three that make the case for getting animals off the menu and three that make the case against it. He sure rose to the challenge for this debate to deliver a huge performance and a powerful message.
Subtitles in 18 languages
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 22 Apr 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Animals Should Be Off the Menu, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Caster Semenya: The Legal and Ethical Issues That Should Concern Us All
- US Blockade Deprives Venezuelan Cancer Patients of Treatment
- Big Pharma and Organized Crime--They Are More Similar than You May Think
ANIMAL RIGHTS - VEGETARIANISM:
- Raw Ivory Sales: Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia Call for End to Ban
- Testing the Line: As Animal Rights Activists Push Legal Boundaries, Canada Considers What Makes a Terrorist
- Tragic End for a Gentle Giant: Elephant Struggles against Its Chains Before It Collapses and Dies at Indian National Park, Prompting Allegations of Neglect
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: