Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’
John D. Sutter - CNN
11 Jul 2017
Many scientists say it’s abundantly clear that Earth is entering its sixth mass-extinction event, meaning three-quarters of all species could disappear in the coming centuries. That’s terrifying, especially since humans are contributing to this shift.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Jul 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Stemming the Plastic Tide: 10 Rivers Contribute Most of the Plastic in the Oceans
- A Ticking Time Bomb of Mercury Is Hidden Beneath Earth's Permafrost
- The Ultimate Guide to Butterflies & How to Prevent Their Decline
- Artificial Intelligence May Have Finally Decoded the Bizarre, Mysterious 'Voynich Manuscript'
- Largest Known Prime Number Discovered: Why It Matters
- World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: