Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’
11 Jul 2017
Many scientists say it’s abundantly clear that Earth is entering its sixth mass-extinction event, meaning three-quarters of all species could disappear in the coming centuries. That’s terrifying, especially since humans are contributing to this shift.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Jul 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Every Bite of Burger Boosts Harmful Greenhouse Gases: UN Environment Agency
- Earth’s Wilderness Is Vanishing, and Just a Handful of Nations Can Save It
- The Seafloor Is Dissolving Because of Climate Change
- The Pentagon’s Insect Army
- The Child Abuse Contrarian
- The Pinnacle of Evolution Is Life, Not the Human Being
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: