Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’
11 Jul 2017
Many scientists say it’s abundantly clear that Earth is entering its sixth mass-extinction event, meaning three-quarters of all species could disappear in the coming centuries. That’s terrifying, especially since humans are contributing to this shift.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Jul 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Where Does Plastic Pollution Go When It Enters the Ocean?
- Complex Life Threatened
- Biden Orders US to Rejoin Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- 'Most Couples May Have to Use Assisted Reproduction by 2045'
- Erasing Women from Science? There’s a Name for That
- CERN: Scientists Discover Four New Particles – Here’s why They Matter
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: