Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’
11 Jul 2017
Many scientists say it’s abundantly clear that Earth is entering its sixth mass-extinction event, meaning three-quarters of all species could disappear in the coming centuries. That’s terrifying, especially since humans are contributing to this shift.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Jul 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- After 40 Years, Researchers Finally See Earth’s Climate Destiny More Clearly
- Renewed Attempt for a Global Pact for the Environment
- Hottest Arctic Temperature Record Probably Set with 100-Degree Fahrenheit (38 Celsius) Reading in Siberia
- Supermassive Black Hole Causes Biggest Cosmic Explosion in Recorded History, Leaving Dent That Could Fit 15 Milky Way Galaxies
- It's High Time to End Medical Complicity in Torture
- Outside China, Coronavirus Transmission ‘Iceberg’ May Not Be as Big as Feared
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: