Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’
John D. Sutter - CNN
11 Jul 2017
Many scientists say it’s abundantly clear that Earth is entering its sixth mass-extinction event, meaning three-quarters of all species could disappear in the coming centuries. That’s terrifying, especially since humans are contributing to this shift.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 July 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Over 15,000 Scientists Just Issued a 'Second Notice' to Humanity. Can We Listen Now?
- The Climate Emergency: Two Time Scales
- Climate Change Summit a Step Further, Yes… But Where To?
- How We Discovered Gravitational Waves from ‘Neutron Stars’ – And Why It’s Such a Huge Deal
- More Than 75 Percent Decline Over 27 Years in Total Flying Insect Biomass in Protected Areas
- Decolonising Research Methodology Must Include Undoing Its Dirty History
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: