Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’
John D. Sutter - CNN
11 Jul 2017
Many scientists say it’s abundantly clear that Earth is entering its sixth mass-extinction event, meaning three-quarters of all species could disappear in the coming centuries. That’s terrifying, especially since humans are contributing to this shift.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Jul 2017.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sixth Mass Extinction: The Era of ‘Biological Annihilation’, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Earth's Carbon Dioxide Levels Continue to Soar, at Highest Point in 800,000 Years
- Empty Half the Earth of Its Humans. It's the Only Way to Save the Planet [What?]
- A Day of Mother Earth: Living in Harmony with Nature
- Artificial Intelligence May Have Finally Decoded the Bizarre, Mysterious 'Voynich Manuscript'
- Largest Known Prime Number Discovered: Why It Matters
- World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: