The U.S. Helped Destabilize Honduras. Now Honduran Migrants Are Fleeing Political & Economic Crisis
23 Oct 2018 – President Donald Trump is lashing out at the Central American migrant caravan of some 7,000 people making their way through Mexico and toward the U.S. border. On Monday [22 Oct], he claimed without evidence that terrorists and members of the MS-13 gang had infiltrated the group. Trump has doubled down on his threat to cut aid to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and called out Democrats over U.S. border policy.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 29 Oct 2018.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: The U.S. Helped Destabilize Honduras. Now Honduran Migrants Are Fleeing Political & Economic Crisis, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- United States Withdraws from Afghanistan? Not Really!
- The “Kill a Leftist” Law
- Can Guantánamo Ever Be Shut Down?
LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN:
- How Venezuela Is Rebuilding Its Industrial Base, One Volunteer at a Time
- Raul Castro Steps Down as Head of Communist Party Ending an Era in Cuba
- Colombia: An Ideal U.S. Client-State in the Western Hemisphere
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: