The U.S. Helped Destabilize Honduras. Now Honduran Migrants Are Fleeing Political & Economic Crisis
23 Oct 2018 – President Donald Trump is lashing out at the Central American migrant caravan of some 7,000 people making their way through Mexico and toward the U.S. border. On Monday [22 Oct], he claimed without evidence that terrorists and members of the MS-13 gang had infiltrated the group. Trump has doubled down on his threat to cut aid to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and called out Democrats over U.S. border policy.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 29 Oct 2018.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: The U.S. Helped Destabilize Honduras. Now Honduran Migrants Are Fleeing Political & Economic Crisis, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- U.S. Special Forces School Publishes New Guide for Overthrowing Foreign Governments
- Neo-Cons: Origin of the Species
- Assange and Beyond: Pray and Weep
LATIN AMERICA & THE CARIBBEAN:
- The Plot to Kill Venezuela
- Hundreds of Thousands of Haitian Children Suffer in Slavery – And Women Play a Key Role in Perpetuating the System
- Venezuela’s Crisis: A View from the Communes
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: