The U.S. Helped Destabilize Honduras. Now Honduran Migrants Are Fleeing Political & Economic Crisis
23 Oct 2018 – President Donald Trump is lashing out at the Central American migrant caravan of some 7,000 people making their way through Mexico and toward the U.S. border. On Monday [22 Oct], he claimed without evidence that terrorists and members of the MS-13 gang had infiltrated the group. Trump has doubled down on his threat to cut aid to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and called out Democrats over U.S. border policy.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 29 Oct 2018.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: The U.S. Helped Destabilize Honduras. Now Honduran Migrants Are Fleeing Political & Economic Crisis, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Soros and Koch Funding New ‘Anti-War’ Think Tank— and We Should Probably Be a Little Bit Suspicious
- Most Veterans Say America’s Wars Are a Waste. No One’s Listening to Them.
- Trump Is Forcing Iran to Follow North Korea’s Dangerous Example
LATIN AMERICA & THE CARIBBEAN:
- Response to the Report on Venezuela by the High Commissioner of the UN Human Rights Council, Michelle Bachelet
- Border Patrol Agents Tried to Delete Racist and Obscene Facebook Posts. We Archived Them.
- The Little Known Story/History of the Chernobyl Children Cured in Cuba
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: