Who Is S P Udhayakumar? (Video of the Week)
Born in Kanniyakumari district, S P Udhayakumar earned his post-graduation in literature in the US, taught in the university of Minnesota for three years before returning to India in 2001.
He runs a school through a trust in his hometown and teaches Peace Studies around the World. A campaigner against nuclear energy for years, the recent Fukushima tragedy struck the right chord with the masses and catapulted him to be the face of the anti-nuclear campaign at Kudankulam.
Kumar is a Convener of the TRANSCEND Network for South Asia.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 7 May 2012.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Who Is S P Udhayakumar? (Video of the Week), is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Uprising and the End of Empire
- Jake Lynch on Peace Journalism
- Dr Vandana Shiva's Message on World Environment Day 2018
KUDANKULAM ANTI-NUCLEAR SATYAGRAHA, INDIA:
- India’s Ambitions with Atomic Plants: Two Opposing Views
- Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant a 'Stillborn Child', Says S P Udayakumar
- India: Stop Harassing Anti-Nuclear Protesters
Music Video of the Week: