Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu
Sports editor Dave Zirin of The Nation magazine responds to the Boston Marathon bombings and discusses the race’s historic significance.
“First, prayers for the people in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu who are suffering today,” Zirin said. “Second, I think people have to realize that an attack on the Boston Marathon is really an attack not on Boston or the United States, but on the world.”
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 22 Apr 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- COVID-19: UN Health Agency Advice Informs Decision to Delay Olympic Games for First Time Since 1944
- Olympic Committee Bans Athletes from Making Political Protests during 2020 Games
- Sore Sports: Russia Barred from Olympics for Thwarting Washington’s Geopolitical Game Plan?
- Why Julian Assange Must Urgently Be Freed
- (Português) Portugal: Centenas de Pessoas Manifestam-se no Porto pela Libertação do Whistleblower Rui Pinto
- UN's Nils Melzer on Assange: «A Murderous System Is Being Created before Our very Eyes»
- My Student Comes Home
- Failing to Succeed
- A $1.1M Hospital Bill after Surviving the Coronavirus? That's America for You
- Germany and EU Expand Military Deployment in Africa
- US Blocks UN Global Ceasefire Resolution Objecting Reference to World Health Organization
- With a Distracted Public, the Pentagon Tries to Get Away with Killing Innocent Civilians
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: