Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu
Sports editor Dave Zirin of The Nation magazine responds to the Boston Marathon bombings and discusses the race’s historic significance.
“First, prayers for the people in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu who are suffering today,” Zirin said. “Second, I think people have to realize that an attack on the Boston Marathon is really an attack not on Boston or the United States, but on the world.”
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 22 Apr 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- 1958 TV Show Had Conman ‘Trump’ Selling Mystical ‘Wall’ to Hysterical Townspeople (Must Watch)
- What Trump’s Syrian Withdrawal Really Reveals
- Evangelical Christian Group Upset That LGBTQ People Are Mentioned in Anti-Lynching Bill
- America at War
- Who Are the White Helmets? Fake News and Staged Rescues
- What’s Behind U.S. Troop Withdrawals Announced for Syria and Afghanistan?
- Giuliani Says Assange Should Not Be Prosecuted
- Uyghur Dispersion and Detention in China – Worse Than We Thought
- They Rescued Pigs and Turkeys from Factory Farms — and Now Face Decades in Prison
- French Rugby to Support Gareth Thomas over Homophobic Attack
- Olivier Giroud: Impossible to Be Gay in Football
- In Praise of Serena Williams
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: