Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu
Sports editor Dave Zirin of The Nation magazine responds to the Boston Marathon bombings and discusses the race’s historic significance.
“First, prayers for the people in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu who are suffering today,” Zirin said. “Second, I think people have to realize that an attack on the Boston Marathon is really an attack not on Boston or the United States, but on the world.”
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 22 Apr 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- U.S. Military Activity Near Taiwan
- How the Pentagon Dictates Hollywood Storylines
- Business as Usual for the Death Industry
- How a Missile in Kabul Connects to a Speaker in Taipei
- Exit Free
- Three Large American Multinationals Bought 17 Million Hectares of Ukrainian Agricultural Land
- The US Is 'Close to Getting Its Hands on Julian Assange'
- Assange Put on Suicide Watch after Patel Decision, Father Says
- Don’t Extradite Assange
- The Tragic Absurdity of Qatar’s World Cup Sportswashing
- Team Hawaiian Kingdom? Activists Want Some U.S. Olympians to Surf for a Different Homeland
- Olympic Surfing Exposes Whitewashed Native Hawaiian Roots
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: