Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu
Sports editor Dave Zirin of The Nation magazine responds to the Boston Marathon bombings and discusses the race’s historic significance.
“First, prayers for the people in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu who are suffering today,” Zirin said. “Second, I think people have to realize that an attack on the Boston Marathon is really an attack not on Boston or the United States, but on the world.”
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 22 Apr 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Sportswriter Dave Zirin: Prayers for the People in Boston, Baghdad and Mogadishu, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- The Psychosis of Hegemony
- The U.S. Government’s Crusade against Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning
- Mexico Releases the Full Text of Trump’s Immigration “Deal”
- Brazil: Lula Is Innocent. Free Him Now.
- Torture as a Jus Cogens Norm
- The Murdering of Julian Assange
- The American Cult of Bombing and Endless Wars
- U.S. Government Seeks NGO Help for Removing Iran from Syria
- The Media Loves This UFO Expert Who Says He Worked for an Obscure Pentagon Program. Did He?
- Caster Semenya: The Legal and Ethical Issues That Should Concern Us All
- French Rugby to Support Gareth Thomas over Homophobic Attack
- Olivier Giroud: Impossible to Be Gay in Football
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: