Jeremy Scahill & Noam Chomsky on Secret U.S. Dirty Wars from Yemen to Pakistan to Laos
Investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill and author Noam Chomsky recently sat down together at Harvard University to discuss Scahill’s groundbreaking new book, “Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield.” Amy Goodman hosted the discussion, which was sponsored by the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy, Harvard Kennedy School and the ACLU of Massachusetts.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 27 May 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Jeremy Scahill & Noam Chomsky on Secret U.S. Dirty Wars from Yemen to Pakistan to Laos, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- U.S. Cold War China Policy Will Isolate the U.S, Not China
- Venezuela and Trump’s Irrational Electoral Policy
- America’s Unholy Crusade against China
- The Heart of the Matter in the South China Sea
- Royal Commission of Inquiry Calls Upon the State of Hawai‘i to Comply with International Law and to Work with the Council of Regency
- The Hawaii Navy Base Fueling Trump's Quest for 'Super Duper' Missiles
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- ‘Floating Bomb’: How the Beirut Blast Was Predicted
- UNESCO Expresses Deep Regret over Turkey Decision to Change Status of Historic Hagia Sophia
- Year Six of the War in Yemen
- The US Military Is Using Online Gaming to Recruit Teens
- Germany and EU Expand Military Deployment in Africa
- US Blocks UN Global Ceasefire Resolution Objecting Reference to World Health Organization