Nuclear Weapons as Theological Statements
Johan Galtung on the way forward for nuclear disarmament and sustainable global security.
A virtual forum of leading experts and policy makers. www.talkworks.info
Johan Galtung, a professor of peace studies, dr hc mult, is founder of TRANSCEND International and rector of TRANSCEND Peace University. He was awarded among others the 1987 Right Livelihood Award, known as the Alternative Nobel Peace Prize. Galtung has mediated in over 150 conflicts in more than 150 countries, and written more than 170 books on peace and related issues, 96 as the sole author. More than 40 have been translated to other languages, including 50 Years-100 Peace and Conflict Perspectives published by TRANSCEND University Press. His book, Transcend and Transform, was translated to 25 languages. He has published more than 1700 articles and book chapters and over 500 Editorials for TRANSCEND Media Service. More information about Prof. Galtung and all of his publications can be found at transcend.org/galtung.
Tags: Conflict, International Relations, Johan Galtung, Military, NATO, Nuclear Weapons, Politics, Power, Solutions, UN, Violence, WMD, War, World
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 15 Jul 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Nuclear Weapons as Theological Statements, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- COVID-19 Dashboard: Live Data Continuously Updated
- [LIVE] Coronavirus Pandemic: Real Time Counter, World Map, News
- Meet the 17-Year-Old Behind a Website Tracking Coronavirus Cases That Is Now a Vital Global Resource
- US Blocks UN Global Ceasefire Resolution Objecting Reference to World Health Organization
- With a Distracted Public, the Pentagon Tries to Get Away with Killing Innocent Civilians
- Weapons Don't Fight Pandemics
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION: