[Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower
Nobel Prize Winning Chemical Weapons Watchdog Found “Fixing” Its Findings on Syria
24 Oct 2019 – On 15 Oct 2019, a blue ribbon panel of international experts and dignitaries, met in secret with a whistleblower from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). The OPCW is considered the gold standard of impartial scientific detection and analysis of the possession and use of chemical weapons throughout the world, and won the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize for its work in Syria.
The information and documents provided by the whistleblower showed that the OPCW had suppressed and distorted its data, analysis and conclusions in order to make it appear that the Syrian government had used banned chemical weapons, when the testing had shown just the opposite. The panel had been requested by the whistleblower himself, who had been outraged by the dishonesty, and who said that other scientists at the organization had been equally upset, but were not yet willing to speak out.
The panel included Dr. Jose Bustani, first Director General of the OPCW and former Ambassador to the United Kingdom and France, Richard Falk, Professor of International Law, Emeritus, Princeton University; Visiting Professor, Istinye University, Istanbul and former UN rapporteur for Palestine, and five other respected dignitaries. They met with the whistleblower in Brussels, and made public their findings in a report published on October 23 by the Courage Foundation, an organization for the protection of whistleblowers.
It will come as no surprise to many that this malfeasance has not been picked up by the mainstream media despite its substantive contribution to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, mainly Syrian, many more wounded and disabled, and millions displaced and impoverished. The whole point of manipulating the results was in fact to justify these deaths and misery, and to permit them to continue. Coverage of the scandal by the mainstream media would have the opposite effect, and might cause heads to roll among those responsible, as well as those who aided and abetted the deception.
It is therefore incumbent upon the rest of us, in the alternative media and the public at large, to embarrass the irresponsible media and politicians by getting this report into the hands of as much of the public as possible.
Paul Larudee is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace, Development and Environment, one of the founders of the Free Gaza and Free Palestine Movements and an organizer in the International Solidarity Movement.
Tags: Chemical Weapons, Fake News, Hoax, OPCW, Syria, UN
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Nov 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: [Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “[Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Destitute and Desperate Asylum Seekers and Migrants
- $63 Billion Drop in Investments: Impact of Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty on Nuclear Weapons Business
- Nobel Peace Prize 2021 a Most Ig-Nobel Decision: Assange Was the Journalist Entitled to Win
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION:
- Clear Away the Hype: The U.S. and Australia Signed a Nuclear Arms Deal, Simple as That
- The Black Reporter Who Exposed a Lie about the Atom Bomb
- The Biggest Lie
- Illusions of Empire: Amartya Sen on What British Rule Really Did to India
- Russia: The Doukhobor 1895 Arms Burning Is Relevant Today
- Endogenous Racism against People of African Origins--Tulsa and Sharpeville: Parallels in History (Part 1)
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA:
- How the Western Leaders Destroyed the Muslim World: We, the People, and Revival of Colonization
- Iran Welcomes Signs of Reconciliation from Saudi Arabia
- Israel’s Attacks on Iran Are Not Working
SYRIA IN CONTEXT:
- Expert Censored after Demonstrating That a Gas Attack in Syria Was a False-Flag Operation by U.S.-Funded Terrorists
- Blinken: US Policy Is to ‘Oppose the Reconstruction of Syria’
- The U.S. May Have Lost the Military War in Syria, but Has Won the Propaganda War at Home by Portraying Its Murderous Invasion as a Moral Crusade