[Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower
Nobel Prize Winning Chemical Weapons Watchdog Found “Fixing” Its Findings on Syria
24 Oct 2019 – On 15 Oct 2019, a blue ribbon panel of international experts and dignitaries, met in secret with a whistleblower from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). The OPCW is considered the gold standard of impartial scientific detection and analysis of the possession and use of chemical weapons throughout the world, and won the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize for its work in Syria.
The information and documents provided by the whistleblower showed that the OPCW had suppressed and distorted its data, analysis and conclusions in order to make it appear that the Syrian government had used banned chemical weapons, when the testing had shown just the opposite. The panel had been requested by the whistleblower himself, who had been outraged by the dishonesty, and who said that other scientists at the organization had been equally upset, but were not yet willing to speak out.
The panel included Dr. Jose Bustani, first Director General of the OPCW and former Ambassador to the United Kingdom and France, Richard Falk, Professor of International Law, Emeritus, Princeton University; Visiting Professor, Istinye University, Istanbul and former UN rapporteur for Palestine, and five other respected dignitaries. They met with the whistleblower in Brussels, and made public their findings in a report published on October 23 by the Courage Foundation, an organization for the protection of whistleblowers.
It will come as no surprise to many that this malfeasance has not been picked up by the mainstream media despite its substantive contribution to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, mainly Syrian, many more wounded and disabled, and millions displaced and impoverished. The whole point of manipulating the results was in fact to justify these deaths and misery, and to permit them to continue. Coverage of the scandal by the mainstream media would have the opposite effect, and might cause heads to roll among those responsible, as well as those who aided and abetted the deception.
It is therefore incumbent upon the rest of us, in the alternative media and the public at large, to embarrass the irresponsible media and politicians by getting this report into the hands of as much of the public as possible.
Paul Larudee is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace, Development and Environment, one of the founders of the Free Gaza and Free Palestine Movements and an organizer in the International Solidarity Movement.
Tags: Chemical Weapons, Fake News, Hoax, OPCW, Syria, UN
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Nov 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: [Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “[Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower”
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Nobel Peace Prize 2020--Nomination Info in English, Français, Deutsch, Русский, Castellano, Svenska--Deadline: 31 Jan
- Trump’s Ordered Assassinations: Cruel and Inhumane Breach of International Law
- We Must Do More to Prevent Nuclear War
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION:
- The Current U.S. Approach to Nuclear Weapons Can Only Lead to Armageddon
- We Must Do More to Prevent Nuclear War
- New Russian Nuclear Weapon Can Travel 27 Times the Speed of Sound
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- Iran Ends Nuclear Deal Commitments as Fallout from Suleimani Killing Spreads
- Why US Assassinated General Qassem Soleimani
- With Suleimani Assassination, Trump Is Doing the Bidding of Washington’s Most Vile Cabal
SYRIA IN CONTEXT:
- U.S., UK, & France Certainly Committed an International War Crime against Syria on 14 April 2018
- US Seizure of Oil Fields Escalates Tensions in Syria
- WikiLeaks Reveals OPCW Falsified Reports to Blame Syrian Government Instead of Western Backed-Jihadis!
- We the People, We the Humanity are Victims of Political Insanity
- Top Criminal Court to Conduct Official Probe into Alleged War Crimes in Palestine
- One Third of Poorer Countries Face both Undernutrition and Obesity: WHO Report