[Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower
Nobel Prize Winning Chemical Weapons Watchdog Found “Fixing” Its Findings on Syria
24 Oct 2019 – On 15 Oct 2019, a blue ribbon panel of international experts and dignitaries, met in secret with a whistleblower from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). The OPCW is considered the gold standard of impartial scientific detection and analysis of the possession and use of chemical weapons throughout the world, and won the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize for its work in Syria.
The information and documents provided by the whistleblower showed that the OPCW had suppressed and distorted its data, analysis and conclusions in order to make it appear that the Syrian government had used banned chemical weapons, when the testing had shown just the opposite. The panel had been requested by the whistleblower himself, who had been outraged by the dishonesty, and who said that other scientists at the organization had been equally upset, but were not yet willing to speak out.
The panel included Dr. Jose Bustani, first Director General of the OPCW and former Ambassador to the United Kingdom and France, Richard Falk, Professor of International Law, Emeritus, Princeton University; Visiting Professor, Istinye University, Istanbul and former UN rapporteur for Palestine, and five other respected dignitaries. They met with the whistleblower in Brussels, and made public their findings in a report published on October 23 by the Courage Foundation, an organization for the protection of whistleblowers.
It will come as no surprise to many that this malfeasance has not been picked up by the mainstream media despite its substantive contribution to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, mainly Syrian, many more wounded and disabled, and millions displaced and impoverished. The whole point of manipulating the results was in fact to justify these deaths and misery, and to permit them to continue. Coverage of the scandal by the mainstream media would have the opposite effect, and might cause heads to roll among those responsible, as well as those who aided and abetted the deception.
It is therefore incumbent upon the rest of us, in the alternative media and the public at large, to embarrass the irresponsible media and politicians by getting this report into the hands of as much of the public as possible.
Paul Larudee is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace, Development and Environment, one of the founders of the Free Gaza and Free Palestine Movements and an organizer in the International Solidarity Movement.
Tags: Chemical Weapons, Fake News, Hoax, OPCW, Syria, UN
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Nov 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: [Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “[Nobel Peace Laureate] Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Falsified Syria Report: Whistleblower”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Statement on the 75th Anniversary of the Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Open Letter on COVID-19 and Humanitarian Disarmament
- George Floyd, RIP
- July in History: Anniversaries of Russell-Einstein Manifesto, ICJ Verdict on Illegality of Nuclear Weapons, State-Terrorist Bombing of Greenpeace Ship Rainbow Warrior
- When Did World War II Actually Begin?
- Ancient Greek Wisdom: The Tragedy That Was Athens
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION:
- Manhattan Project Spies, Cold War, MAD--Their Efforts Gifted Us 75 Years of No Nuclear War
- Trump Budget Gives Top Priority to New Generation of Nuclear Weapons
- The Art of the Deal, Pentagon-Style: Wars without Victories, Weapons without End
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- UNESCO Expresses Deep Regret over Turkey Decision to Change Status of Historic Hagia Sophia
- Year Six of the War in Yemen
- Oliver Stone: USA Weaponizing COVID-19 against Venezuela and Iran
SYRIA IN CONTEXT:
- A Perfect Storm on the Horizon
- Turkey Now Claims Syria’s Idlib Province as Turkish Territory
- NATO: From Covert Sponsor to Artillery Provider for Terrorists in Syria