Politicians Protect Meat Industry by Making Activists Criminals
CAPITALISM, ENVIRONMENT, ECONOMICS, ANIMAL RIGHTS - VEGETARIANISM, SHORT VIDEO CLIPS, 4 Nov 2019
Leighton Akio Woodhouse and David Zlutnick -The Intercept
12 Oct 2019 – This video includes graphic images some readers may find disturbing.
The meat industry depends, more than anything else, on walls. The walls of farms and slaughterhouses prevent consumers from seeing what the production of their food really looks like. They prevent journalists and activists from exposing unethical, even criminal acts within. They enable corporations to paint happy, bucolic pictures of their operations that bear no resemblance to the reality of modern-day factory farming.
Tags: Animal Justice, Animal cruelty, Animal rights
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 4 Nov 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Politicians Protect Meat Industry by Making Activists Criminals, is included. Thank you.
If you enjoyed this article, please donate to TMS to join the growing list of TMS Supporters.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- The Threat of Para-state Power Called International Banking
- A Certain Form of Thieving: The US Banksters Strike Again
- Federal Reserve Cartel: The Eight Families (Part 1 of 6)
- Climate Carnage: Things Can Only Get Worse
- Fossil Fuels, Tipping Points, and a Viable Solution
- To Meet EV Demand, Industry Turns to Technology Long Deemed Hazardous
- Comparative Economic Advantage of Asia: South Asian Diaspora Impact in the USA
- Talking about Growth Miracle and Emerging Quadripolar Economic Construct
- All Roads Are Leading toward an International CBDC in a Cashless World
ANIMAL RIGHTS - VEGETARIANISM:
- Have We Reached ‘Peak Meat’? Why One Country Is Trying to Limit Its Number of Livestock
- The Meat Industry Has Created a False Dichotomy That Pits People against Animals
- Tradition vs. Modernity? Humans vs. Animals? The Truth behind the Violations of Animal Rights
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: