Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
Wearing a medical mask can help limit the spread of some respiratory diseases. However, using a mask alone is not guaranteed to stop infections. Their use should be combined with other preventive measures. Watch this short video to find out more.
For more information, please visit: https://www.who.int/emergencies/disea…
Tags: BRICS, China, Coronavirus, Epidemics, Health, Public Health, Science, Science and Medicine, United Nations, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- “Keep It Confidential:” The Secret History of U.S. Involvement in Brazil’s Scandal-Wracked Operation Car Wash
- Gandhi’s Killer Evokes Admiration as Never Before
- How India’s Modi Is Playing on Trump’s Ego to His Advantage
- Mediterranean Diet Increases Gut Bacteria Linked to Healthy Ageing in Older Adults
- Eating Meat: Links to Chronic Disease Might Be Related to Amino Acids--New Findings
- Risks to Health and Well-Being from Radio-Frequency Radiation Emitted by Cell Phones and Other Wireless Devices
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: