Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
31 Jan 2020
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency? Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Tags: Coronavirus, Health, Public Health, Science and Medicine, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Learn about the Novel Coronavirus, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Learn about the Novel Coronavirus”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- C Is for Children--And Plenty of It, Too
- New Censorship Czars: Tech Titans Aim to Restrict Access to Information in the Vaccine Debate
- Worries about Foreign ‘Hacking’ of Vaccine Research Place Corporate Profits Ahead of Public Health
- Brazil’s Money Laundering Scandal from Hell
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro Tests Positive for Coronavirus
- Pandemic Spirals out of Control in South Africa, India, Brazil
- After 40 Years, Researchers Finally See Earth’s Climate Destiny More Clearly
- Renewed Attempt for a Global Pact for the Environment
- Hottest Arctic Temperature Record Probably Set with 100-Degree Fahrenheit (38 Celsius) Reading in Siberia
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
- Supermassive Black Hole Causes Biggest Cosmic Explosion in Recorded History, Leaving Dent That Could Fit 15 Milky Way Galaxies
- It's High Time to End Medical Complicity in Torture
- Outside China, Coronavirus Transmission ‘Iceberg’ May Not Be as Big as Feared
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: