Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
31 Jan 2020
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency? Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Tags: Coronavirus, Health, Public Health, Science and Medicine, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Learn about the Novel Coronavirus, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Learn about the Novel Coronavirus”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Droupadi Murmu Is the New President of India
- China’s Red Lines on Taiwan Are Clear Regardless of the US’ Policy of Strategic Ambiguity
- Why Brazil Still Matters
- Of the Secret Leaks and the Baking Planet
- The Dawn of the Apocalypse
- Ignoring How Militarism Fuels Climate Change Will Be the Death of Us
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
- WHO Director Dr. Tedros: Monkeypox Outbreak Is “Among Men Who Have Sex with Men”
- Microplastics from Masks Found Deep in Lungs of the Living
- My First Aid Kit: Turmeric
- Completing Rotation in Less Than 24-Hours, Earth Creates Record for Shortest Day
- Early Life Exposure to Pesticides and Neurodevelopmental Outcomes
- Nasa Launches James Webb Revolutionary Space Telescope
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: