Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
31 Jan 2020
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency? Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Tags: Coronavirus, Health, Public Health, Science and Medicine, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Learn about the Novel Coronavirus, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Learn about the Novel Coronavirus”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- The New Pandemic of Disease and Death: Global Obesity 2021, in Company of Covid-19
- Trust Us, Men: Move the Phone from Your Front Pocket
- Vaccine-Derived Polio Spreads in Africa after Defeat of Wild Virus
- Brazilian Supreme Court Confirms Annulment of All Charges against Lula
- The Man They Call Tiger: The Diplomat Who Stood up to America’s Bullies Becomes China’s New and Unlikely Hero
- ‘Tragic Combination’: Millions Go Hungry amid Brazil COVID Crisis
- 'We Have to Act': Atmospheric CO2 Passes 420 PPM for First Time Ever in Recorded History
- Where Does Plastic Pollution Go When It Enters the Ocean?
- Complex Life Threatened
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
- How to See Mars through a Telescope
- 'Most Couples May Have to Use Assisted Reproduction by 2045'
- Erasing Women from Science? There’s a Name for That
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: