Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
31 Jan 2020
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency? Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Tags: Coronavirus, Health, Public Health, Science and Medicine, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Learn about the Novel Coronavirus, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Learn about the Novel Coronavirus”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Brazil: 6 Patients Die of Asphyxiation as Hospitals in Manaus Run Out of Oxygen
- Why Are People Going Hungry in India Despite a Massive Grain Surplus?
- The Year That Was-->India’s People Fight Back a Hostile Government
- You Don’t Want to Imagine an Ocean without Coral Reefs—but You Might Have to
- 2020 on Track to Be One of Three Warmest Years on Record
- EPA Finds Glyphosate Is Likely to Injure or Kill 93% of Endangered Species
- Trust Us, Men: Move the Phone from Your Front Pocket
- Vaccine-Derived Polio Spreads in Africa after Defeat of Wild Virus
- Dengue Breakthrough after Mosquitoes Laced with Natural Bacteria
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
- The Fascinating Story of Placebos – And Why Doctors Should Use Them More Often
- The Big Bang Never Happened but Fusion Will
- How Trump Damaged Science — and Why It Could Take Decades to Recover
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: