Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
31 Jan 2020
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency? Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Tags: Coronavirus, Health, Public Health, Science and Medicine, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Learn about the Novel Coronavirus, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Learn about the Novel Coronavirus”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Death of Mohammed Yusuf Khan, India Made Him into an Icon: Dilip Kumar
- The Three Revolutions of the Chinese Communist Party
- China Pulls Itself Out of Poverty 100 Years into Its Revolution
- Stuck in the Smoke as Billionaires Blast Off
- 'Biggest Story in the World Right Now': Humanity Has Flipped Amazon from Carbon Sink to Source
- The End of the World (as we know it)
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
- Dr Edward Jenner, the Father of Vaccination, in the Context of Covid-19 Pandemic
- Oral Cancer in Florida - World No Tobacco Day
- To Be Young Is to Be Healthy Forever
- Today’s Science Deniers: What We Owe Galileo after 400 Years
- What Are Atomic Bomb Quasicrystals, and Why Do They Matter?
- Are Chemicals Shrinking Your Penis and Depleting Your Sperm? Here’s What the Evidence Really Says
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: