Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
31 Jan 2020
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency? Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Tags: Coronavirus, Health, Public Health, Science and Medicine, WHO
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Learn about the Novel Coronavirus, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Learn about the Novel Coronavirus”
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- “Keep It Confidential:” The Secret History of U.S. Involvement in Brazil’s Scandal-Wracked Operation Car Wash
- Gandhi’s Killer Evokes Admiration as Never Before
- How India’s Modi Is Playing on Trump’s Ego to His Advantage
- The Coronavirus Outbreak Is Part of the Climate Change Crisis
- Brazil Scales Back Environmental Enforcement amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- ‘Can I Keep You Safe? Your Future Is Uncertain’: Climate and the Fate of Humanity
- Mediterranean Diet Increases Gut Bacteria Linked to Healthy Ageing in Older Adults
- Eating Meat: Links to Chronic Disease Might Be Related to Amino Acids--New Findings
- Risks to Health and Well-Being from Radio-Frequency Radiation Emitted by Cell Phones and Other Wireless Devices
- Can Masks Protect against the New Coronavirus Infection?
- Learn about the Novel Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Emergency: Here's What We Know So Far
- Supermassive Black Hole Causes Biggest Cosmic Explosion in Recorded History, Leaving Dent That Could Fit 15 Milky Way Galaxies
- It's High Time to End Medical Complicity in Torture
- Outside China, Coronavirus Transmission ‘Iceberg’ May Not Be as Big as Feared
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: