Collected Essays, Volume V
ANNOUNCEMENTS, 24 Feb 2020
A New Freely-Downloadable Book
I would like to announce the publication of a new book, with the title, “Collected Essays, Volume V”. The book contains articles on the serious problems that are facing the world today. It may be freely downloaded and circulated from the following link:
Other books and articles on global problems can be found on these links:
Table of Contents:
- The Devil’s Dynamo
- Fascism, Then And Saving The Future
- The Climate Emergency: Two Time Scales
- Money, Media And The Climate Crisis
- Nuclear Weapons: An Absolute Evil
- The Passions Of Mankind
- Population And The Environment
- We Need An Ecological Revolution
- Fighting For Americas Soul
- Terrorism: A False Threat
- Sanctions As Collective Punishment
- Attacks On Iran, Past And Present
- Kicking The Habit
- Institutional And Cultural Inertia
- Our Lifestyles Must Change
- Feedback Loops
- Criticism Of Israel Is Not Antisemitism
- Interview With Dr. David Krieger
- The Importance Of Alternative Media
- Climate Crisis And The 2020 Us Elections
- Benefits Of Equality
- Floods In Iran And Climate Change
- Gandhi’s Message For Today’s World
- Greed Is Driving Us Towards Disaster
- India’s Future
- Kashmir: What Would Gandhi Say?
- Madmen And Economists
- Mainstream Under-reporting Of The Climate Crisis
- Largest Climate Action In History Neglected By The Media
- Secrecy Versus Democracy
- We Can Unilaterally Stop Being Nasty
- The Kidnapping Of Meng Wanzhou
- The Social Responsibility Of Scientists
- Interview With Editor Binu Mathew
- Lives in Engineering
- Lives in Astronomy
- Lives in Chemistry
- Lives in Medicine
- Lives in Ecology
- Lives in Physics
- Lives in Economics
- Lives in the Peace Movement
John Scales Avery, Ph.D., who was part of a group that shared the 1995 Nobel Peace Prize for their work in organizing the Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs, is a member of the TRANSCEND Network and Associate Professor Emeritus at the H.C. Ørsted Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. He is chairman of both the Danish National Pugwash Group and the Danish Peace Academy and received his training in theoretical physics and theoretical chemistry at M.I.T., the University of Chicago and the University of London. He is the author of numerous books and articles both on scientific topics and on broader social questions. His most recent books are Information Theory and Evolution and Civilization’s Crisis in the 21st Century (pdf).
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 24 Feb 2020.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Collected Essays, Volume V, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.