Washington-DC Mayor, Please Veto the Psychologically Harmful ‘Minor Vaccine Consent Bill’
TRANSCEND MEMBERS, 21 Dec 2020
18 Dec 2020 – I have grave concerns about the physical and psychological dangers of Bill B23–0171.3, the Minor Vaccine Consent Bill, that permits children 11 and older to consent to vaccines without their parents’ knowledge or consent. I hope the information below inspires you to veto this bill with a clear conscience.
While DC Council Members consulted with the Medical Society, it seems that they did not consult with psychologists. Potential psychological harm from this bill is immediate, profound, and lifelong, as are known serious adverse reactions to the Gardisil vaccine, while the probability that this vaccine actually prevents 11 year-olds from getting cervical cancer decades in the future is remote, based on fraudulent studies, and is highly preventable by healthier means.
I am a PhD clinical psychologist, former family therapist with a specialty in psychoneuroimmunology working with people with cancer and their physicians, and a mother, grandmother and educator. My children’s health was a high priority and sacred responsibility. Many knowledgeable responsible parents specifically opt out of giving Gardisil to their children.
I am 100% “science driven” as Council Member Vincent Gray emphasized while presenting his amendment to instruct insurance companies not to send information to the family home so the parents won’t find out. He insinuated parents are anti-science if they choose not to inject their 11-year-old, likely not sexually active, with Gardisil. It is the vaccine that makes the most money and has the highest reported injury rate. It alleges to prevent only 4 of more than 100 HPV strains of low probability cervical cancer, easily detectible and treatable, 90% harmless that go away on their own, in the distant future — an unfounded claim, which they are now marketing to boys.
I wrote a dissertation according to the scientific method. I know how to discern specific and common ways that experimental methodology can be deceptively manipulated to mask truth (unrepresentative control groups, following reactions for too short a time, replacing true, inert placebos, with toxic ones, I coin as “toxebos” to not reveal safety differences between experimental and control groups, etc., etc., etc.). as well as psychologically manipulative advertising tactics that exaggerate benefits and censor risks, misrepresent safety, efficacy and necessity and defame truth-tellers (more details about Gardisil below). I have been following this literature for 40 years.
Bill B23–0171.3 is unethical, immoral, dangerous and destructive and based on disinformation. I admire Council Members Trayon White, Robert White and Kenyan McDuffie who had the wisdom, foresight and courage to vote against this bill. I imagine the other Council Members had good intentions and may not be aware of inevitable harmful psychological consequences and health risks of Gardisil, the most expensive vaccine on the market, 3 doses, $120 each = $360. It was fast-tracked with a fraudulent clinical trial, and is of questionable value.
I am curious about the influencing of Council Members by those with conflicts of interest. They chose the age of 11 to be capable of informed consent, which is developmentally incorrect. They are not. 11 is the earliest age recommended to Gardisil vaccine, though they are trying to push it to 9 and to boys. There is a lucrative, effective, fear-mongering persuasion campaign to push Gardisil and to demonize and censor those who mention risks. See risks below.
Psychological Consequences of the Minor Vaccine Consent Bill
My mind reels in horror from playing out the myriad of complex, dangerous psychological and physical scenarios that can result from this bill, including severe emotional and psychological consequences which can last for life.
Early adolescence is a time of rapid changes, emotional variability, conflicts, and renegotiation of parent-child relationships. It is a time when girls may lose their sense of confidence and self-esteem (Carol Gilligan’s work). Around 11, children begin to distance from parents while needing constancy, support, and security. Bill B23–0171.3 throws a big wrench into this profound relationship.
Imagine being 11 and having your doctor and your school pressure you and frighten you to get a shot so you won’t get cervical cancer and genital warts in the future and suggest you hide this from your parents! That would have freaked me out when I was 11 and long after. Here are a few psychological ramifications.
- Bill B23–0171.3 renders the child vulnerable to pressure from doctors, who are influenced by vaccine manufacturers who overplay safety and underplay risks, and have conflicts of interest, with Gardisil being the most expensive vaccine.
- It can insert a “novel psychological virus” of fears, preoccupations, hypochondria, and fantasies about one’s body, sexuality, associated with warts, disease, and death which will replicate in their psyche at a time when they should be oblivious to these.
- The child must bear witness to the undermining of parental authority by social authorities.
- Systems of authority are forcing the child to live with a secret from their parents held by the school and doctor, putting the child in a complicated, compromised position. It forces the child to be dishonest and live a lie with those closest to them. It generates a burden of guilt and a loyalty conflict that can plague them for their entire life and permanently harm the parent-child relationship.
- The child will live in fear of the parents finding out.
- If the child has an adverse reaction, entirely possible, they will be conflicted and afraid to tell their parents. Parents will not be able to properly identify the cause and be unable to secure the correct treatment, which could be life-threatening.
- If the parents finds out it will be a huge betrayal and can cause conflict, anger, and lifelong harm to the relationship. Family therapy may help them heal from this.
- If the parents find out they will justifiably feel betrayed by the school, the doctor and the insurance company for violating their rights, and may bear social humiliation which is a grave offense.
- A child may make a decision at one age that they will regret later.
- It may poison an otherwise healthy adolescent rebellion.
- The child is witness to the defamation of parents who may be well-informed, protective and responsible. It may interfere with trust in parents and holding them in esteem.
- It will inevitably alter family dynamics in a destructive way.
- According to sociological studies, parents who choose to give a modified vaccine schedule (similar to the schedule in Europe, Japan and other countries where they have fewer adverse reactions and SIDS) are more well-educated and better informed than those who comply without question. They may have given their children other vaccines and deliberately chose to opt out of Gardisil, the most dangerous vaccine. Parents who are truly informed as responsible parents would not consent. It would be informed dissent — but informed. Bill B23–0171.3 totally sabotages their legitimate, enlightened, responsible parental authority.
True Informed Consent
All but three members of DC Council believe that an 11-year-old can be capable of informed consent. What constitutes true informed consent? What would you need to know before injecting something into your body that you can’t remove? Do they tell you it contains neurotoxic aluminum and other toxic adjuvants. Do they tell you all the side effects people have experienced?
Some doctors advise, “The CDC recommends the HPV vaccine to girls starting at age 11 to prevent infections that may one day cause cancer.”
Safety — Risks and Possible Side Effects –
People should be advised of the actual value of the vaccine and possible adverse reactions that people have experienced. They will not be informed that a healthy immune system is their best protection.
Below are two sets of adverse side effects.
1. VAERS, the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. This list is from reactions reported for the 8 years Gardidil was approved on June 8, 2006 until June 2014.
2. List of side effects reported from cases against Merck
1. VAERS Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System
Less than 8 years after the HPV was licensed in June, 2014, adverse reactions obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, from case reports submitted to the FDA, include 165 deaths due to blood clots and heart disease and serious and life-threatening disabilities, including Guillain-Barre syndrome, myalgia, paresthesia, loss of consciousness, seizures, convulsions, swollen body parts, chest pain, heart irregularities, kidney failure, visual disturbances, arthritis, joint pain, difficulty breathing, severe rashes, persistent vomiting, miscarriages, menstrual irregularities, reproductive system complications, genital warts, vaginal lesions and HPV infection — the main reason to vaccinate. Thousands of teenage girls and young women were rushed to the hospital for debilitating ailments following their Gardasil shots.
It is estimated that only about 1 -2% of adverse reactions are actually reported, so the numbers are likely 50 times higher, so more than 1 million teenage girls and young women could have been hurt by Gardasil during the 8-year period between June 8, 2006 and June 2014.)
2. Cases against Merck include these side effects following the shot.
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Auto-immune disorders
- Birth defects
- Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia — CIN 2/3
- Chronic fatigue syndromes
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Chronic pain syndromes, including Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Epilepsy (seizure disorder)
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Heart problems, including severe arrhythmia and heart attacks
- Inflammatory disorders
- Interconnective tissue disorder
- Movement disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurological disorders
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Pulmonary embolism
- Reproductive disorders, including premature ovarian failure
- Rheumatological disorders
- Small fiber neuropathy
If children and families are harmed emotionally, psychologically and/or physically, or if there are deaths and disabilities, who is liable? Must the parents bear the responsibility for damage caused by those who betrayed them? Are the doctors who injected children behind parents’ backs responsible? Are the ten Council Members who voted for Bill B23–0171.3 responsible? Parents who later find out their children were vaccinated with Gardasil and had adverse impacts could also sue Washington DC for recklessly depriving children of parental protection.
Vaccine manufacturers have no liability for any risks, injuries or deaths caused by vaccines. Because they were being sued so much for vaccine injuries, they lobbied congress to shield them from liability. In 1986 congress passed The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, which exempted those involved with vaccines from liability and established VAERS, the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System and a special court program for vaccine injury claims that caps damages, allowing those injured to be compensated without having to prove that the maker committed any wrongdoing. However, the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act provides that an individual may bring a civil lawsuit under certain circumstances.
There are lawsuits against Merck by attorneys at Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman https://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/blog/2020/august/gardasil-lawsuit-claims-hpv-vaccine-caused-teen-/
According to the complaint, Merck failed to properly test Gardasil before the HPV vaccine was fast-tracked and administered to millions of young girls and boys throughout the United States and the world. Furthermore, Merck knew or had reason to know that its vaccine was defective and ineffective, but instead of warning the medical community and the public, the company wrongfully concealed information and further made false statements concerning the safety and efficacy of Gardasil.
Merck spent more money marketing and advertising Gardasil than any vaccine manufacturer in history,” says Gardasil lawyer Nicole K. H. Maldonado. “The company made billions telling the parents of young girls that Gardasil could eliminate cervical cancer without having any proof to back up the claim. Now, with thousands of severe Gardasil vaccine injuries reported, we intend to hold Merck accountable for concealing known safety risks in the name of massive profits.
Mayor Bowser, I imagine that you would not want the government to interfere with your responsibility for your daughter. I hope you can see through the deliberate propaganda campaign that advertises, pressures, misinforms, and financially incentivizes doctors to give as many vaccines as they can, defames those who dare question the disinformation as being unscientific, reckless and irresponsible, and manages to convince esteemed members of the DC Council to propose this outrageous and dangerous bill. I imagine if this passes in DC it will go beyond. Please set an example to stop this and enlighten the public.
I can appreciate the motivations and intentions of those who voted for this bill. I just wish they would be less susceptible to dishonest corporate influence, exercise more scrutiny and consider the psychological consequences of their legislation.
In conclusion, I think the best way to protect the health of all residents of our fair city is to encourage, educate and support parents in developing a healthy lifestyle, promoting a strong immune system, and teaching children to mastery over their their health, which is the best defense against disease, supported by clean air, clean water, and fresh produce.
Thanks for all you do to make DC, my adopted city, wonderful.
Diane Perlman, PhD is a clinical and political psychologist, devoted to applying knowledge from psychology, conflict studies and social sciences to designing strategies and policies to reverse nuclear proliferation, to drastically reduce terrorism, reduce enmity, and to raise consciousness about nonviolent strategies for tension reduction and conflict transformation. She is a visiting scholar at the School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University, is active in Psychologists for Social Responsibility, the TRANSCEND Network for Peace Development Environment, and on the Global Council of Abolition 2000. Some of her writings can be found on her websites, www.consciouspolitics.org and www.SanityandSurvival.com. Email: email@example.com.
Tags: Anglo America, COVID-19, Coronavirus, Pandemic, USA, Vaccines
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
One Response to “Washington-DC Mayor, Please Veto the Psychologically Harmful ‘Minor Vaccine Consent Bill’”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article: