Apocalypse: The End of the Current Humanoid Civilisation on Earth–Armageddon Guaranteed
TRANSCEND MEMBERS, 13 Feb 2023
This publication discusses The Doomsday Clock as a universal symbol that represents the likelihood of human-made global catastrophes, in the opinion of the members of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, resulting in Armageddon and the final, mortal destination of humanoids. It is a cold war innovation by members of the august body of scientists who designed the first nuclear bomb towards the end of the World War 11. Maintained since 1947, the clock is a metaphor for threats to humanity from unchecked scientific and technological advances. A hypothetical global catastrophe is represented by midnight on the clock, with the Bulletin’s opinion on how close the world is to one represented by a certain number of minutes or seconds to midnight, assessed in January of each year. The main factors influencing the clock are nuclear risk and climate change. The Bulletin’s Science and Security Board monitors new developments in the life sciences and technology that could inflict irrevocable harm to humanity. The clock’s original setting in 1947 was seven minutes to midnight. It has since been set backward eight times and forward 17 times for a total of 25. The farthest time from midnight was 17 minutes in 1991, and the nearest is 90 seconds, set on January 24, 2023, in Washington, DC. By the members of the Atomic Bulletin. The clock was moved to two and a half minutes in 2017, then forward to two minutes to midnight in January 2018, and left unchanged in 2019. In January 2020, it was moved forward to 100 seconds (1 minute, 40 seconds) before midnight. The clock’s setting was left unchanged in 2021 and 2022. In January 2023, however, it was moved forward to 90 seconds (1 minute, 30 seconds) before midnight. Since 2010, the clock has been moved forward four minutes and thirty seconds, and has changed by five minutes and thirty seconds since 1947.
Historically, The Doomsday Clock’s origin can be traced to the international group of researchers called the Chicago Atomic Scientists, who had participated in the Manhattan Project. After the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they began publishing a mimeographed newsletter and then the magazine, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, which, since its inception, has depicted the Clock on every cover. The Clock was first represented in 1947, when the Bulletin co-founder Hyman Goldsmith asked artist Martyl Langsdorf (wife of Manhattan Project research associate and Szilárd petition signatory Alexander Langsdorf, Jr.) to design a cover for the magazine’s June 1947 issue. As Eugene Rabinowitch, another co-founder of the Bulletin, explained later: “The Bulletin’s Clock is not a gauge to register the ups and downs of the international power struggle; it is intended to reflect basic changes in the level of continuous danger in which mankind lives in the nuclear age…
Langsdorf chose a clock to reflect the urgency of the problem: like a countdown, the Clock suggests that destruction will naturally occur unless someone acts to stop it.
In January 2007, designer Michael Bierut, who was on the Bulletin’s Governing Board, redesigned the Doomsday Clock to give it a more modern feel. In 2009, the Bulletin ceased its print edition and became one of the first print publications in the U.S. to become entirely digital; the Clock is now found as part of the logo on the Bulletin’s website. Information about the Doomsday Clock Symposium, a timeline of the Clock’s settings, and multimedia shows about the Clock’s history and culture can also be found on the Bulletin’s website.
The 5th Doomsday Clock Symposium was held on November 14, 2013, in Washington, D.C.; it was a day-long event that was open to the public and featured panelists discussing various issues on the topic “Communicating Catastrophe”. There was also an evening event at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in conjunction with the Hirshhorn’s current exhibit, “Damage Control: Art and Destruction Since 1950”. The panel discussions, held at the American Association for the Advancement of Science, were streamed live from the Bulletin’s website and can still be viewed there. Reflecting international events dangerous to humankind, the Clock has been adjusted 25 times since its inception in 1947, when it was set to “seven minutes to midnight”.
In the formulation of the clock and adjusting it setting every January, the Zero Hour is reflected s midnight. “Midnight” has a deeper meaning besides the constant threat of war. There are various elements taken into consideration when the scientists from The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists decide what Midnight and “global catastrophe” really mean in a particular year. They might include “politics, energy, weapons, diplomacy, and climate science”; potential sources of threat include nuclear threats, climate change, bioterrorism, and artificial intelligence.Members of the board judge Midnight by discussing how close they think humanity is to the end of civilization. In 1947, at the beginning of the Cold War, the Clock was started at seven minutes to midnight. The Clock’s setting is decided without a specified starting time. The Clock is not set and reset in real time as events occur; rather than respond to each and every crisis as it happens, the Science and Security Board meets twice a year to discuss global events in a deliberative manner. The closest nuclear war threat, the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, reached crisis, climax, and resolution before the Clock could be set to reflect that possible doomsday.
The details of the numerous changes in the Doomsday Clock’s are interesting. Before January 2020, the two tied-for-lowest points for the Doomsday Clock were in 1953 (when the Clock was set to two minutes until midnight, after the U.S. and the Soviet Union began testing hydrogen bombs) and in 2018, following the failure of world leaders to address tensions relating to nuclear weapons and climate change issues. In other years, the Clock’s time has fluctuated from 17 minutes in 1991 to 2 minutes 30 seconds in 2017. Discussing the change to 2+1/2 minutes in 2017, the first use of a fraction in the Clock’s history, Lawrence Krauss, one of the scientists from the Bulletin, warned that political leaders must make decisions based on facts, and those facts “must be taken into account if the future of humanity is to be preserved.” In an announcement from the Bulletin about the status of the Clock, they went as far to call for action from “wise” public officials and “wise” citizens to try to steer human life away from catastrophe while humans still can.
On January 24, 2018, scientists moved the clock to two minutes to midnight, based on threats greatest in the nuclear realm. The scientists said, of recent moves by North Korea under Kim Jong-un and the administration of Donald Trump in the U.S.: “Hyperbolic rhetoric and provocative actions by both sides have increased the possibility of nuclear war by accident or miscalculation”.
The clock was left unchanged in 2019 due to the twin threats of nuclear weapons and climate change, and the problem of those threats being “exacerbated this past year by the increased use of information warfare to undermine democracy around the world, amplifying risk from these and other threats and putting the future of civilization in extraordinary danger.”
On January 23, 2020, the Clock was moved to 100 seconds (1 minute, 40 seconds) before midnight. The Bulletin’s executive chairman, Jerry Brown, said “the dangerous rivalry and hostility among the superpowers increases the likelihood of nuclear blunder… Climate change just compounds the crisis”. The “100 seconds to midnight” setting remained unchanged in 2021 and 2022.
On January 24, 2023, the Clock was moved to 90 seconds (1 minute, 30 seconds) before midnight, meaning that the Clock’s current setting is the closest it has ever been to midnight since its inception in 1947. This adjustment was largely attributed to the risk of nuclear escalation that arose from the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
However, the imminent and clear threat of nuclear annihilation of humanoids is not the only reason which causes the changes in the settings of The Doomsday Clock’s and fluctuations, in the present-day context.
Other important reasons for the resetting include:
- Climate change
- Biological threats such as COVID-19, virulent influenza strains, analogous to the Spanish Flu of 1918.
- Risks associated with disinformation, hoax news, orchestrated media propaganda by government sponsored media
- Advances in technologies such as autonomous military hardware, malware, spyware like the Israeli Pegasus software, mobile device directed and homed assassinations, as in the case of General Qasem Soleimani, the Iranian, highly decorated officer, who was killed at Baghdad airport by a US air strike, personally approved by Donald Trump.
Two missiles fired from a MQ9 Reaper drone struck Soleimani after he disembarked from an aircraft at Baghdad airport. The Pentagon justified the assassination, saying General Soleimani was “actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region”. The drone strike came days after protesters attacked the US embassy in Baghdad, clashing with US forces at the scene. The Pentagon said Soleimani approved the attacks on the embassy.
- Disruptive technologies, such as landing spacecrafts on asteroids, possibly deflecting their orbit, in deep space and causing the intergalactic mass to strike Earth with total destruction of the Earth in a massive explosion, tsunamis and another ice age.
- A new emerging threat for the annihilation is mass vaccination programs conducted by government in collaboration with big pharma. A case in point is the supreme court order to Federal Drug Administration, in relation to Pfizer, in the States to release all documents related to Covid 19 vaccine clinical trials. The point to note that if there is nothing to hide, then why would the case proceed to the Supreme Court. On Jan. 6, 2023 a federal court in the Northern District of Texas ordered the expedited release. As of Jan. 12, 2023the FDA hasn’t indicated it intends to appeal. The FDA licensed the Pfizer vaccine on Aug. 23, 2021, just 108 days after Pfizer started producing the records to the agency. During that period, the FDA asserts it conducted an intense, robust, and thorough analysis of those documents to assure the public that the Pfizer vaccine was safe and effective. Yet, when asked to share those documents with the public, the FDA claimed it needed over 20,000 days. The FDA’s production schedule clashed with its promise of transparency. The purpose of FOIA is government transparency. When it comes to the Pfizer vaccine, the need for transparency is unprecedented. A majority of Americans are now mandated to receive a Covid-19 vaccine under penalty of losing a job, or worse. This has never been done before. Typically, adult vaccine mandates have been limited; even the seminal U.S. Supreme Court vaccine mandate decision, Jacobson v. Massachusetts, only involved a state-imposed $5 penalty, and school vaccine mandates have historically had liberal religious or personal belief exemption policies.
Even more problematic is that Americans, if injured, cannot sue Pfizer. There is virtually no other product where a consumer is prohibited from suing the company that manufactures, markets, and profits from the product. Decoupling a company’s profit interest from its interest in safety creates a moral hazard and departs from centuries of product liability doctrine. Thus, it is extraordinary that Americans must take this product under penalty of expulsion from work, school, the military and civil life, but they cannot sue Pfizer for any resulting injuries. The federal government created this unprecedented situation. It granted the immunity, licensed the product, and aggressively sought mandates. This situation therefore warrants unprecedented transparency. As then-presidential candidate Joe Biden told the American people, “You’ve got to make all of it [the vaccine data] available to other experts across the nation so they can look and see.” He repeated that need to share the data numerous times. So did senators and representatives on both sides of the aisle. However, FDA Claimed It Can’t Comply, Judge Orders Compliance. The FDA apparently disagreed. During a hearing on Dec. 14, 2021, its counsel steadfastly maintained that the court should not require the agency to produce more than 500 pages per month, harping on the FDA’s purported limited resources, its need to redact personal information, and duty to protect Pfizer’s trade secret interests, all the while ignoring the interests of the American people. The FDA’s excuses were incredible. The FDA has more than 18,000 employees and a budget of over $6.5 billion. It would be laughable if any multibillion-dollar company came before a court and claimed poverty to escape making a document production, but that was the FDA’s position. U.S. District Judge Mark T. Pittman, Northern District of Texas, expressed dismay at the FDA’s proposed rate of production. He found the duration requested by the FDA unreasonable, comparing it to the actions of totalitarian nations. As such, the judge on Jan. 6 ordered the FDA to produce at least 55,000 pages per month. In his ruling, the judge recognized that the release of this data is of paramount public importance and should be one of the FDA’s highest priorities. He quoted James Madison as saying a “popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy” and John F. Kennedy as explaining that a “nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.” America has some of the greatest institutions of learning the world has ever known. We need the scientific community, both inside and outside the government, to address the serious ongoing issues with the vaccine program, including waning immunity, variants evading vaccines, and that vaccinated individuals can still transmit the virus. The FDA’s attempt to close the door and lock out independent scientists from the data necessary to address these issues was irresponsible. Transparent, Independent Review Is Needed. The failure of the government’s closed-door approach is exemplified by the fact that the FDA did not send a representative to the court hearing because, as the government attorney explained, the FDA’s Covid-19 protocols would not permit it. Meaning, despite a reported vaccination rate of over 96% across federal health agencies back in November 2021, and the FDA’s claim that the vaccines are “effective,” Covid-19 is still disrupting everyday life. This brings into stark focus the need to open the door and involve independent scientists.
Similarly, in South Africa, the medical fraternity has approached the government to initiate a full investigation into Covid 19 clinical trials conducted in South Africa, in which the big pharmas generated billions for their coffers. It is also noteworthy, that the big internet search engines are not accessible easily on this topic.
- Corrupt governments as demonstrated in the Beirut Port Explosion, which destroyed large parts of Beirut, on 04th August 2020. The case is presently being reviewed, in relation to corrupt judge and the Lebanese legal fraternity.
- Massive deforestation as encouraged in Brazil by the former President Jair Bolsaanaro. The impact of this on climate change would be catastrophic, causing oceans to warm up and having secondary effects
- Electric Vehicles and a frenzied rush for rare minerals. Is green energy safe, driving around in your electric car, sitting on top of a large lithium battery. What are the health effects on humanoids of not only long-term exposure to such technology, but also battery disposal?
- Construction of nuclear power stations and nuclear fuel disposal into oceans, as in the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear accident and nuclear spill following the tsunami subsequent to the Tōhoku earthquake of March 11, 2011. 2018. This could cause emergence of mutant sea water species, which could annihilate normal oceanic flora and fauna. As well as degradation of coral reef.
- Extensive mining, both offshore as well as subterranean, with fracking in some parts of the world.
- Consumption of fake foods containing horse meat, chemically treated tuna and fake olive oil in domestic use. In addition, the extensive use of pesticides by large pharmas in agriculture, to increase crop yield. These will cause massive health problems in the future.
- The emergence of the “Superbug” due to indiscriminate antibiotic usage, both by patterns of prescription by healthcare practitioners as well as patients.
- The humanoid dietary patterns and emergence of lifestyle diseases. Humanity is literally eating itself to death, not exercising and acquiring obesity of varying degrees. This leads to the development of an unholy triad of diseases: Diabets mellitus, Hypercholesterolaemia and hypertension.
- Plastic pollution: Uncontrolled presence of waste plastics in streams, rivers oceans and even bottled mineral water, food packaging, and medication, such as cough syrups, where the carbon-based material is interacting with the ingredients in some cough mixtures, leading to death amongst infants. The incidents are believed to be caused by the contamination of Indian and Indonesian-made cough syrups with dangerously high levels of diethylene glycol and ethylene glycol. However, some artist are using waste plastic converting it into works of art.
- Global Wildfires: Methane, the Final Nemesis of Climatic Degradation.
- Global Industrial Fires, Explosions, Environmental Pollution, and Human Suffering
- Molecular nanotechnology (MNT) is a technology based on the ability to build structures to complex, atomic specifications by means of mechanosynthesis. This is distinct from nanoscale materials. Based on Richard Feynman’s vision of miniature factories using nanomachines.
- Existential risk from artificial general intelligence is the hypothesis that substantial progress in artificial general intelligence (AGI) could result in human extinction or some other unrecoverable global catastrophe. It is argued that the human species currently dominates other species because the human brain. While this is he basis of James Cameron, Terminator franchise, it is highly probable point to note in the extinction of humanoid.
- Sub-replacement fertility is a total fertility rate (TFR) that (if sustained) leads to each new generation being less populous than the older, previous one in a given area. The United Nations Population Division defines sub-replacement fertility as any rate below approximately 2.1 children born per woman of childbearing age.
The Bottom Line is, that the case of human extinction is the hypothetical end of the human species due to either natural causes such as population decline from sub-replacement fertility, an asteroid impact, large-scale volcanism, or to anthropogenic (human) causes. While many of these causes have been the subject of doomsday scenario authors and Hollywood script writers, some of the many possible contributors include climate change, global nuclear annihilation, biological warfare, and ecological collapse. Other scenarios center on emerging technologies, such as advanced artificial intelligence, biotechnology, or self-replicating nanobots. While, the scientific consensus is that there is a relatively low risk of near-term human extinction due to natural causes. The likelihood of human extinction through humankind’s own activities, however, is a current area of research and debate. Currently, an emerging risk is engineered biotechnology and infective pandemic, due to bacteria, viruses and even food security parasites in a mass scale invasion of global food crops as well as animal stocks. The use of genetically modified seeds, antibiotics and hormones in agriculture, including fish farming, can also have a profound impact in accelerating the doomsday scenario and clock towards GROUND ZERO for humanoids, which is different from humanity, the quality of being humane and benevolence, which has already become almost extinct.
 Personal quote by the author, December 2022.
 Stover, Dawn (September 26, 2013). “How Many Hiroshimas Does it Take to Describe Climate Change?”. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
 “Doomsday Clock 2019 Time”. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. January 24, 2019. Archived from the original on January 24, 2019.
 Sunday Tribune Durban, South Africa; Page 1 headlines Sunday, 29th January 2023 Not available on internet.
Professor G. Hoosen M. Vawda (Bsc; MBChB; PhD.Wits) is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace Development Environment.
Director: Glastonbury Medical Research Centre; Community Health and Indigent Programme Services; Body Donor Foundation SA.
Principal Investigator: Multinational Clinical Trials
Consultant: Medical and General Research Ethics; Internal Medicine and Clinical Psychiatry:UKZN, Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine
Executive Member: Inter Religious Council KZN SA
Public Liaison: Medical Misadventures
Activism: Justice for All
Tags: Bulletin Atomic Scientists, Catastrophe Capitalism, Climate Change, Disaster Capitalism, Doomsday Clock, Extinction, Global warming, Greed, Military Industrial Media Complex, Nuclear war
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 13 Feb 2023.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Apocalypse: The End of the Current Humanoid Civilisation on Earth–Armageddon Guaranteed, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
One Response to “Apocalypse: The End of the Current Humanoid Civilisation on Earth–Armageddon Guaranteed”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article: