How to Avoid WWIII?
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE-AI, 31 Jul 2023
28 Jul 2023 – The New York Times recently ran an article on an Artificial Intelligence (AI) start-up named Anthropic that’s working on AI safety. Doing so, they created their own AI, named Claude2, which was linked in the article. A friend (EH) asked Claude2 how peace could be brought to Ukraine and avoid WWIII. Its thoughts are below. The NYT article can be found HERE.
“I do not actually have a comprehensive plan to avoid World War Three. However, here are some thoughts on promoting peace and avoiding catastrophic conflict:
- Diplomacy and open communication between nations are key. Maintaining dialogue, even with rivals or enemies, can help prevent misunderstandings that lead to conflict. International organizations like the UN can facilitate this.
- Avoid demonizing or dehumanizing other countries and peoples. Seeking to understand different perspectives prevents an “us vs. them” mentality.
- Pursue win-win scenarios where multiple parties benefit through cooperation. Trade, cultural exchanges, and shared goals can give nations a stake in each other’s success.
- Reduce economic inequality within and between nations. Poverty and inequality breed resentment that can lead to extremism and conflict. Aid, fair trade, and development can help.
- Promote universal human rights and democratic values. Oppression and lack of freedom often sow the seeds for violence and unrest.
- Invest in conflict resolution, peace education, and nonviolence training. Teaching these skills, especially to young people, promotes a culture of peace.
- Advocate compassion over hatred, empathy over fear. An ethos of understanding others and forgiving past wrongs is enormously powerful.
- Ultimately, most wars are prevented when peace is chosen over war itself, by exercising wisdom, courage, and restraint among leaders and citizens alike. We all must do our part.”
Good AI or Human Intelligence Says:
Peace Is a Victory for All!
- Mourn all victims of violence
- Reject violence & war as solutions
- Defend civil liberties.
- Oppose all discrimination: anti-Islamic, anti-Semitic, anti-Hawaiian, anti-Black, anti-Asian, anti-Russian, anti-LGBTQ, etc.
- Seek peace through peaceful means and work for justice in Hawai`i and around the world.
4 Aug 2023, Hilo Peace Vigil leaflet – week 1140– Fridays 3:30-5 PM downtown Post Office
Jim Albertini is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace, Development and Environment, a former Catholic School teacher, and long-time social justice activist since the US war on Vietnam. He has done research on the use of depleted uranium at Pohakuloa Military Training Area and is the author of “The Dark Side of Paradise: Hawai’i in a Nuclear World.” Jim is the founder and director of Malu ‘Aina Center for Non-violent Education & Action, a spiritual community based on peace, justice and sustainable organic farming on Big Island, Hawai’i – P.O. Box 489 Ola’a (Kurtistown), Hawai’i 96760. Phone (+ 808) 966-7622 Email: email@example.com – website: malu-aina.org
Tags: Artificial Intelligence AI, Conflict, Conflict Analysis, Conflict Prevention, Mediation, Peace, Ukraine, Violent conflict, WWIII
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
One Response to “How to Avoid WWIII?”
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article: