Nick Buxton: A massive European fire sale is one way finance is using the crisis to entrench neo-liberalism.
Buxton is the Communications Manager of the Transnational Institute.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 13 May 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Privatizing Europe, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Europe Should Brace for Second Wave, Says EU Coronavirus Chief
- Portugal Leads the Way: How European Countries Fared in Their Treatment of Refugees
- Clean Air in Europe during Lockdown ‘Leads to 11,000 Fewer Deaths’
- Why the Stock Market Is Healthy as Americans Die from Coronavirus
- Wall Street Feasts on Death
- Coronavirus Capitalism — and How to Beat It
- Bolsonaro Puts Up Brazilian Richest Oil Wells for Sale to Foreign Companies
- The Neo-Liberal Project in the World and in Brazil Is Anti-Life and the Enemy of Nature
- Who's Responsible for the Ecocide in the Amazon
- Global Economy: Oil vs COVID-19
- Oil Plunges below Zero for First Time in Unprecedented Wipeout
- Self-Extinction of Neoliberalism? Don’t Bet on It
- Why Climate Change Is an Irrelevance, Economic Growth Is a Myth and Sustainability Is Forty Years Too Late
- Is Growth Passé?
- The Threat 5G Poses to Human Health
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: