Kaulana Na Pua – (Hawai’ian Music Video of the Week)
ProjectKULEANA – TRANSCEND Media Service
KULEANA – Written by Ellen Keho’ohiwoakalani Wright Pendergast in 1893. This was a mele of opposition to the annexation of Hawai’i to the United States. Originally this mele was titled Mele ‘Ai Pōhaku (The Stone Eating Song) and was also known as Mele Aloha ‘Āina.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 10 Jun 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Kaulana Na Pua – (Hawai’ian Music Video of the Week), is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
3 Responses to “Kaulana Na Pua – (Hawai’ian Music Video of the Week)”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
ASIA & THE PACIFIC:
- A Grassroots Initiative to Adopt 25 Aug as Rohingya Remembrance Day
- First They Came for the Rohingya
- Protected Return to Protected Homeland: Only Durable Solution to Burma's Rohingya Genocide
- Drawing Palestine from Prison: The Artwork of Palestinian Cartoonist Mohammad Sabaaneh
- It’s Time to Wage War against War Movies That Glorify Outdated Models of Masculinity
- Trump Asks Museum for Van Gogh, Gets Offered Used Gold Toilet
- Joan Baez Goes Viral with 'Nasty Man,' a Protest Song for the Trump Era
- Music and Politics: How Much Will It Matter Again?
- Palestine Youth Orchestra’s Triumphant UK Debut
Music Video of the Week: