Assange Arrested & Escorted out of Ecuadorian Embassy
11 Apr 2019
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been evicted from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he has spent the last six years. Ecuador’s president has announced that the country has withdrawn asylum from Assange.
Tags: Activism, Assange, Big Brother, Democracy, Journalism, Media, Military, NATO, Nonviolence, Surveillance, UK, USA, Violence, War, Whistleblowing, WikiLeaks
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 15 Apr 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Assange Arrested & Escorted out of Ecuadorian Embassy, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- From Tear Gas to Rubber Bullets, Here’s What ‘Nonlethal’ Weapons Can Do to the Body
- Politicians Call on UK to Release Assange
- Gandhi: The Soul Force Warrior
BIG BROTHER - SPYING - SURVEILLANCE - WHISTLEBLOWING:
- Julian Assange’s Next Hearing on Monday, July 27
- A Pandemic of Surveillance
- The Microsoft Police State: Mass Surveillance, Facial Recognition, and the Azure Cloud
- New US Indictment of Julian Assange Not Served in UK Courts
- In Letter to the Lancet, Doctors Condemn Torture of Assange and Demand His Release
- Why Julian Assange Must Urgently Be Freed
- While EU Leaders Squabble, the Elephant in the Room Remains Unnoticed
- EU Summit Agrees to €750 Billion Fund for the Banks and Corporations
- Crisis at the Commission: Inside Europe’s Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak
LATIN AMERICA & THE CARIBBEAN:
- Bolivia's Coup-born President Áñez (Who Deposed Evo Morales) Tests Positive for COVID-19
- Cuban Medical Brigade Heads to Azerbaijan
- Feeding the People in Times of Pandemic: The Food Sovereignty Approach in Nicaragua
- Racism, Sexism, Classism – The Necessary Incoherence of ‘Mainstream’ Ethical Debate
- Online and Independent: The Future of Journalism Is Already Here
- On Wikipedia as a Disinformation Operation
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: