Roger Waters to Perform ‘Wish You Were Here’ for Julian Assange Outside Britain’s Home Office on 2 Sep 2019
On Monday, 2 Sep, Roger Waters of Pink Floyd will perform his classic ‘Wish You Were Here‘ outside the Home Office (Interior Ministry) on Marsham Street in the heart of London.
I will be speaking. Join us at 6 p.m. in solidarity with Britain’s major political prisoner.
John Pilger has won an Emmy and a BAFTA for his documentaries, which have also won numerous US and European awards. His articles appear worldwide in newspapers such as The Guardian, The Independent, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Mail & Guardian (South Africa), Aftonbladet (Sweden), Il Manifesto (Italy). He writes a regular column for the New Statesman, London. In 2003, he was awarded the prestigious Sophie Prize for ’30 years of exposing injustice and promoting human rights.’ In 2009 he was awarded the Sydney Peace Prize. His earlier film is The War You Don’t See (2010). His new film, The Coming War on China, is available in the U.S. from www.bullfrogfilms.com. He can be reached through his website www.johnpilger.com
Tags: Activism, Big Brother, Conflict, Democracy, Ecuador, Human Rights, John Pilger, Journalism, Justice, Media, Military, NATO, Nonviolence, Power, Roger Waters, Social justice, Solutions, Spying, Surveillance, Sweden, Torture, Transnational Corporations, Trump, UK, UN, USA, Violence, War, West, Whistleblowing, WikiLeaks, World
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
2 Responses to “Roger Waters to Perform ‘Wish You Were Here’ for Julian Assange Outside Britain’s Home Office on 2 Sep 2019”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- EU: China Must Close Its “Re-Education Camps” for Uyghurs in Xinjiang, Meps Say
- China Detaining Millions of Uyghurs? Serious Problems with Claims by US-Backed NGO and Far-Right Researcher ‘Led by God’ against Beijing
- CIA Manual: Instructions for Guerrilla/Urban Terror Activities
- For Western Press, the Only Coup in Venezuela Is against Guaidó
- From Resistance to Assistance: Little Pushback to Trump’s Iran Assassination
- TV Pundits Praising Suleimani Assassination Neglect to Disclose Ties to Arms Industry
BIG BROTHER - SPYING - SURVEILLANCE - WHISTLEBLOWING:
- Everybody’s Watching You: The Intercept’s 2019 Big Brother/Surveillance Technology Coverage
- The Stitching-up of Julian Assange and Daniel Ellsberg
- The Big Change Coming to Just About Every Website on New Year’s Day--Thanks, California!
- Top Criminal Court to Conduct Official Probe into Alleged War Crimes in Palestine
- Justice Blind or Blinded by Titles? A Tale of Prince Andrew and Julian Assange
- Julian Assange: An Appeal from International Lawyers
- The Answer Is in the End: George Harrison, a Prophet for Our Time
- Roger Waters and John Pilger Make Powerful Defence of Julian Assange in London
- Roger Waters to Perform 'Wish You Were Here' for Julian Assange Outside Britain's Home Office on 2 Sep 2019