Six Unique Factors about Gaza Genocide
TRANSCEND MEMBERS, 20 Nov 2023
14 Nov 2023 – The genocide goes on: several babies died when taken out of incubators that had no power and many more cancer patients sent home died. Most injured people cannot be helped since the medical system is completely collapsed and there are 27,000 injured. A friend I have in Gaza told me U.S. flag was seen on a tank and unusual soldiers not Israeli are seen (wonder if these are the US Delta forces that Biden was photographed shaking their hands in this country). Rotting dead human bodies are all over Gaza. Stray hungry dogs are eating some! Of course Israel does not allow international observers or even international journalists to enter Gaza to check on its lies and distortions. They even killed 1 Lebanese and 37 Palestinian journalists (majority reporting for international agencies). I do not know if some people have yet thought of eating other humans to survive (at least in North Gaza were starvation and thirst are more since Israel carpet-bombed the area). Now to be sure there are many genocides/holocausts in human history but there are six unique features of this ongoing one:
1) It is so blatantly obvious and live broadcast live 24 hours a day and available for anyone willing to switch off the mainstream media and go to live footage like aljazeera.com or almayadeen or even telegram, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. The images and sounds are horrifying (imagine people there also feeling and smelling the death and dying)
2) It is self-admitted by the Zionists themselves including that they denied water, foo, medicine, fuel, electricity etc to the 2.3 million inhabitants of Gaza and even proudly explained that there are “no civilians in Gaza” (Israeli president), and we deny food because we are dealing with human animals (Israeli minister of war), see https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/11/are-we-being-duped-to-focus-only-on.html
3) It is accompanied by the highest number of LIES spoken by Israeli officials and parroted by those with no conscience. Is anything the Israeli government say to be believed after a long history of past and present lies challenged by facts- see https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/11/does-truth-matter.html )??,
4) Due to the money and resources of strong lobbies (most of it funded by Western taxpayer money), the colonization, ethnic cleansing, and apartheid are supported by a) many western and arab governments, b) the mainstream media parroting the Israeli (false) talking points
5) Palestinians are not only victimized (8 million are refugees/displaced people, millions who remain in Palestine stored in ghettos/Bantustans/concentration camps and subjected for decades to the most brutal oppression. Bu Palestinians and their supporters asking for human rights are also dehumanized and defamed as hating Jews etc (ironic since thousands of Jews were willing to be arrested and even brutalized for their support of Palestinian rights)
6) There is a vicious brutalization of people for being Palestinian by Israeli occupation forces (and here there is no distinction between settlers and soldiers since everyone serves in the army and all behave similar). Collective punishment and torture are rampant. Beatings of and shooting civilians happen regularly. The attempt to suppress free speech goes on, destroying any semblance or pretense of “democracy”. A new law in Israel forbids people from watching some videos considered “terrorist propaganda” (and of course anything against Israeli apartheid si considered such). People under Israeli rule lost their jobs, were jailed or tortured or all for social media posts even mildly speaking of the horrors of Gaza. In Gaza now, if you post message critical of Israeli actions your home can be bombed. In the Western countries also, citizens showing sympathy to Palestine or working against apartheid or colonialism are targeted. There are laws in some US states against engaging in Boycotts, Divestments, Sanctions and in some European countries working for freedom for Palestine is considered illegal.
On the positive side this injustice has garnered unprecedented public outrage around the world. Millions were in the streets protesting and hundreds of thousands are acting and engaged in civil disobedience, in boycott of Israeli and US products that support colonization etc. (see ongaza.org item # 21) . That is also unique!! Everything helps so please keep the pressure on the cheerleaders and participants in genocide.
I wrote some open letters before and here for the sake of those who missed some of those letters here are the links:
Letter to the world https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/10/letter-to-world.html
Letter to US Citizens https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/11/open-letter-to-us-citizens.html
Letter to Israelis and Jews who support Israel https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/10/questions-to-israelis-and-jews.html
Letter to Mainstream media https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/11/mainstream-media-kills-truth.html
Update on numbers of victims from the UN https://www.ochaopt.org/updates
Chris Hedges The Horror https://scheerpost.com/2023/11/11/chris-hedges-the-horror-the-horror/
Israeli soldiers beat father in front of wife and child and mother tries to reassure child
Other interesting videos stripping prisoners (most with no charge or simple workers) and beating them while many are naked https://tinyurl.com/palestiniansabused
My podcast on 100 years of injustice
Mazin Qumsiyeh, associate professor of genetics and director of cytogenetic services at Yale University School of Medicine, is founder and president of the Holy Land Conservation Foundation and ex-president of the Middle East Genetics Association. He won the Raymond Jallow Activism Award from the national Arab American Anti-Discrimination Committee in 1998. He is co-founder and national treasurer of Al-Awda, the Palestine Right to Return Coalition, and has written extensively about the Middle East. Qumsiyeh is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace Development Environment, author of Sharing the Land of Canaan and Popular Resistance in Palestine, a professor at Bethlehem University and director of the Palestine Museum of Natural History in Bethlehem. http://palestinenature.org
Join the BDS-BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT, SANCTIONS campaign to protest the Israeli barbaric siege of Gaza, illegal occupation of the Palestine nation’s territory, the apartheid wall, its inhuman and degrading treatment of the Palestinian people, and the more than 7,000 Palestinian men, women, elderly and children arbitrarily locked up in Israeli prisons.
DON’T BUY PRODUCTS WHOSE BARCODE STARTS WITH 729, which indicates that it is produced in Israel. DO YOUR PART! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
7 2 9: BOYCOTT FOR JUSTICE!
Tags: Antonio Guterres, Biden, Crimes against Humanity, Cultural violence, Direct violence, Gaza, Genocide, Hamas, Israel, Israeli occupation, Massacre, Netanyahu, Palestine, Sociocide, State Terrorism, Structural violence, USA, United Nations, Violent conflict, War crimes, Zionism
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Join the discussion!
We welcome debate and dissent, but personal — ad hominem — attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), abuse and defamatory language will not be tolerated. Nor will we tolerate attempts to deliberately disrupt discussions. We aim to maintain an inviting space to focus on intelligent interactions and debates.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article: