Johan Galtung & Keil Eggers: The World beyond Global Disorder
Nov 12, 2015
- The World beyond Global Disorder – Keynote, 13th Session World Public Forum “Dialogue of Civilizations” – Rhodes, Greece, 9 Oct 2015
- Quo Vadis Europe, Where Are You Going?
- Cultures of War & Cultures of Peace
- Corruption: Theory, Prognosis, Solutions?
Johan Galtung, a professor of peace studies, dr hc mult, is founder of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace, Development and Environment and rector of the TRANSCEND Peace University-TPU. He has published 164 books on peace and related issues, of which 41 have been translated into 35 languages, for a total of 135 book translations, including ‘50 Years-100 Peace and Conflict Perspectives,’ published by the TRANSCEND University Press-TUP.
Keil Eggers is the U.S. Representative to the Galtung-Institut currently stationed in Lawrence, Kansas. He graduated from George Mason University with a B.A. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution in the Spring of 2015. As an extension of his work for the Institut, he has authored a zine titled “And Then What?” as a companion text to Fall of the U.S. Empire, And Then What?: U.S. Fascism or U.S. Blossoming? by Prof. Johan Galtung. For more information visit www.andthenwhatzine.com. Keil’s personal blog is octaguante.wordpress.com.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 16 Nov 2015.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Johan Galtung & Keil Eggers: The World beyond Global Disorder, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Resisting the Corrosive Power of Consumerism — A Conversation with Ela Gandhi (Podcast)
- 'Bill Gates Is Continuing the Work of Monsanto'
- Snowden on Secret U.S. Surveillance