Anonymous Leaks Names, Addresses of 35,000 Israeli Officials
The Internet hacktivist collective Anonymous released the names, addresses and phone numbers of over 35,000 Israeli officials, including politicians, army officers and agents for spy agency Mossad.
The Red Hack, a Turkish Internet group that operates as an affiliate of Anonymous, posted spreadsheets with the personal information online late Friday [22 Mar 2013].
Separately, another online hacker group, Sektor 404, attacked the Mossad’s website, temporary shutting it down.
Members of Anonymous announced their actions over Twitter.
Al-Akhbar cannot independently verify that names on the spreadsheets all belong to Israeli officials, or that all the information is accurate.
The cyber attack is the latest in a string of actions under the banner #OpIsrael. Members and affiliates of Anonymous have threatened to “remove Israel from cyber space” in a major action scheduled for April 7.
#OpIsrael is an ongoing campaign launched in response to Israel’s eight-day assault on Gaza last November that killed 177 Palestinians.
Anonymous launched a barrage of cyber attacks against Israeli websites during the onslaught. The group said it had sought to protest the “barbaric, brutal and despicable treatment of the Palestinian people” during the war.
Anonymous has also hacked the websites of other institutions in the past that it considered oppressive or unjust.
The group attacked government websites of Yemen, Syria, Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Iran and other countries that experienced uprisings to protest the brutal suppression of demonstrations.
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
2 Responses to “Anonymous Leaks Names, Addresses of 35,000 Israeli Officials”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Trump Acquitted in Senate Impeachment Trial for Second Time
- Twitter Bans President Trump Permanently
- Pelosi Asks Military to Limit Trump's Nuclear Authority--Here's How That System Works
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- "Attempted Coup" in Jordan: Former Crown Prince Arrested
- Weaponization of Aid Contributes to Death of Yemenis
- Yemen: World’s Worst Humanitarian Disaster Triggered by Deadly Weapons from US and UK
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- The ICC’s Attempt to Place Israel on Par with Terror Armies
- From His Solitary Confinement, Marwan Barghouti Holds the Key to Fatah’s Future
- The Nakba of Sheikh Jarrah: How Israel Uses ‘the Law’ to Ethnically Cleanse East Jerusalem
- “Regime” and “CCP”: Propaganda Tools for Dissociating a Targeted Nation from Its Government
- My New Book on Journalism, Exposing Corruption, and the Resulting Risks, Dangers and Societal Changes
- Need a Quote from an Official Enemy Denouncing Democracy? Do like the New York Times and Make It Up