Parque Johan Galtung in Spain
TRANSCEND News, NONVIOLENCE, TMS PEACE JOURNALISM, CONFLICT RESOLUTION - MEDIATION, TRANSCEND MEMBERS, ACTIVISM, HISTORY, EUROPE, JUSTICE, EDUCATION, 17 Jun 2013
Antonio C. S. Rosa, editor – TRANSCEND Media Service
Alfaz, Spain, 15 June 2013
Between the mountains and the sea at the Mediterranean Costa Blanca, Alfaz is home to many nationalities. The Norwegians rank #3 after the native Spaniards and the English #2.
Today Alfaz Mayor Vicente Arques unveiled a monument by the famous Basque sculptor Agustin Ibarrola in memory of the victims of the atrocious Oslo and Utoya terrorist attacks in Norway on 22 July 2011. He cited Gandhi: “There is no road to peace; peace is the road.”
The monument is located in a park named in honor of a long time Alfaz resident, Prof. Johan Galtung, Norwegian by birth and known as ‘the father of peace studies’ for his peace work around the world and more recently in Nepal, East Asia, Qatar, Bangladesh, Syria, Turkey and the USA.
Galtung–like Ibarrola born in 1930– deeply moved with the distinction, thanked Alfaz for being a model of integration for peace. He condemned terrorism of all kinds-state and private-promising to continue his work for peaceful resolutions to conflicts and ‘peace by peaceful means,’ the motto of TRANSCEND International-A Network for Peace, Development and Environment, the NGO he founded in 1993.
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 17 Jun 2013.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Parque Johan Galtung in Spain, is included. Thank you.
If you enjoyed this article, please donate to TMS to join the growing list of TMS Supporters.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
2 Responses to “Parque Johan Galtung in Spain”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- (Castellano) Comunicación y Paz--Homenaje a Johan Galtung: Call for Papers CIC 28
- TRANSCEND Members February Birthdays
- A Positive Note from TMS Editor
- Nonviolence as the Only Way
- Conscious Peace: World Peace Depends upon Our Collective Consciousness
- Ukrainian Nonviolent Civil Resistance in the Face of War
TMS PEACE JOURNALISM:
- AI Robots Invade the Classroom — So What?
- Remembering the Man Who Saved the World (from a Nuclear War)
- World’s 10 Most Peaceful Countries 
CONFLICT RESOLUTION - MEDIATION:
- China Releases Position Paper on Ukraine Crisis Solution
- Seismic Iran-Saudi Rapprochement Isolates US
- The Ukraine Crisis Is a Classic “Security Dilemma”
- The Iraq War 20 Years Ago: No Shame. No Lessons Learned. No Arrest Order on NATO State Leaders.
- To Understand Iran’s 150-Year Fight, Follow the Trail of Blood and Oil (Part 1)
- The Fabulist Arrogance of US Power
- How Can the Peace Movement Be More Effective?
- The FBI Paid a Violent Felon to Infiltrate Denver’s Racial Justice Movement
- Roger Waters Questioned in Depth about Ukraine, Russia, Israel, U.S.
- 16 Mar 1968: The My Lai Massacre in Vietnam by US Invading Forces
- Josip Broz Tito and Che Guevara Speak
- The Great Success of Mikhail Gorbachev
- Bordeaux City Hall Set on Fire amid Nationwide Protests against French Pension Changes
- U.S. Act of War against the European Union: Biden Ordered the Terror Attack against Nord Stream
- Frankfurt Undermines Human Rights by Canceling a Concert by Roger Waters
- Free Julian Assange: The Belmarsh Tribunal at the National Press Club Washington DC
- Interpol Arrest Warrant Issued for Angolan Billionaire Isabel dos Santos
- Attempt to Try Russian Leaders for War Crimes Is Part of the West’s Weaponization of the ICC
[…] El monumento está situado en un parque nombrado en honor de un residente de mucho tiempo de Alfaz, … […]
Parque Johan Galtung en Alfaz, Alicante http://auratrifu.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/parque-johan-galtung-en-alfaz-alicante/