Google Slammed for Removing Palestine from Its Maps
4 Aug 2016 – The Palestinian Journalists’ Forum has denounced Google for deleting the name of Palestine from its maps and replacing it with Israel.
In a statement released yesterday, the forum said Google’s decision to remove Palestine from its maps on 25 July “is part of the Israeli scheme to establish its name as a legitimate state for generations to come and abolish Palestine once and for all.”
“The move is also designed to falsify history, geography as well as the Palestinian people’s right to their homeland, and a failed attempt to tamper with the memory of Palestinians and Arabs as well as the world.”
The forum said the move was “contrary to all international norms and conventions”, stressing that Google should back track on its actions.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If the image(s) bear our credit, this license also applies to them. What does that mean? For permissions beyond the scope of this license, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions expressed in pieces republished here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of TMS. In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
2 Responses to “Google Slammed for Removing Palestine from Its Maps”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Twitter Bans President Trump Permanently
- Pelosi Asks Military to Limit Trump's Nuclear Authority--Here's How That System Works
- The Terrorist Attack Is NOT Over
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- US Blacklisting of Houthis 'Could Tip Yemen into Huge Famine'
- US Brands Yemen’s Houthi Rebels “Terrorists,” Paving Way for Mass Starvation
- Is Iran Closer to Avenging the Murder of Its Two Prominent Leaders?
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- Why B’Tselem Is Calling Israel an Apartheid Regime, from the River to the Sea
- Israel Is Losing the Fight to Obscure Its Apartheid Character
- Christmas: Israel Bombs Gaza Strip while Protests Continue in West Bank
- Bias, Racism and Lies: Facing Up To the Unwanted Consequences of AI
- Landmark Study Highlights Health Threats of 5G on People + Planet
- No Escape from Our Techno-Feudal World