Google Slammed for Removing Palestine from Its Maps
4 Aug 2016 – The Palestinian Journalists’ Forum has denounced Google for deleting the name of Palestine from its maps and replacing it with Israel.
In a statement released yesterday, the forum said Google’s decision to remove Palestine from its maps on 25 July “is part of the Israeli scheme to establish its name as a legitimate state for generations to come and abolish Palestine once and for all.”
“The move is also designed to falsify history, geography as well as the Palestinian people’s right to their homeland, and a failed attempt to tamper with the memory of Palestinians and Arabs as well as the world.”
The forum said the move was “contrary to all international norms and conventions”, stressing that Google should back track on its actions.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If the image(s) bear our credit, this license also applies to them. What does that mean? For permissions beyond the scope of this license, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
2 Responses to “Google Slammed for Removing Palestine from Its Maps”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- US Bars Entry to International Criminal Court Investigators
- ICC Tribunal Declares Trump and Duterte Guilty of Crimes against Humanity
- Trump Says US Will Withdraw from Nuclear Arms Treaty with Russia
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- Dozens Killed and Injured by New Airstrikes in Western Yemen, UN Coordinator Condemns ‘Outrageous’ Toll
- Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Protests in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Iran: Sixty Years after the 1953 CIA Coup That Toppled Democracy
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- Rachel Corrie Remembered
- A Peek into the Horrific Findings of the UN Report on Israel’s Massacre of Gaza Protesters
- Debunking the Myth That Anti-Zionism Is Antisemitic
- Facebook’s New Move Isn't about Privacy. It’s about Domination
- Elizabeth Warren Is Right – We Must Break Up Facebook, Google and Amazon
- Trump TV: The Making of the Fox News White House