Google Slammed for Removing Palestine from Its Maps
4 Aug 2016 – The Palestinian Journalists’ Forum has denounced Google for deleting the name of Palestine from its maps and replacing it with Israel.
In a statement released yesterday, the forum said Google’s decision to remove Palestine from its maps on 25 July “is part of the Israeli scheme to establish its name as a legitimate state for generations to come and abolish Palestine once and for all.”
“The move is also designed to falsify history, geography as well as the Palestinian people’s right to their homeland, and a failed attempt to tamper with the memory of Palestinians and Arabs as well as the world.”
The forum said the move was “contrary to all international norms and conventions”, stressing that Google should back track on its actions.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If the image(s) bear our credit, this license also applies to them. What does that mean? For permissions beyond the scope of this license, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: In accordance with title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. TMS has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is TMS endorsed or sponsored by the originator. “GO TO ORIGINAL” links are provided as a convenience to our readers and allow for verification of authenticity. However, as originating pages are often updated by their originating host sites, the versions posted may not match the versions our readers view when clicking the “GO TO ORIGINAL” links. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
2 Responses to “Google Slammed for Removing Palestine from Its Maps”
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- Facebook Removes Page of Ecuador's Former President on Same Day as Assange's Arrest
- US Bars Entry to International Criminal Court Investigators
- ICC Tribunal Declares Trump and Duterte Guilty of Crimes against Humanity
- Four Simple Steps the U.S. Media Could Take to Prevent a Trump War with Iran
- Assange and Beyond: Pray and Weep
- 40,000 Dead Venezuelans under US Sanctions: Corporate Media Turn a Blind Eye
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA:
- How the West's War in Libya Has Spurred Terrorism in 14 Countries
- US-Backed Saudi Regime Beheads 37 Political Prisoners
- Saudi Arabia Beheads 37 People Guilty of 'Terrorism-Related Crimes'
PALESTINE - ISRAEL:
- 71 Years of Nakba: Palestinians Continue to Suffer 'The Catastrophe'
- Report: Leaked Draft of Trump’s Peace Plan Reveals Creation of ‘New Palestine,’ Promises to Join Israel in Next War in Gaza if Palestinians Reject
- Gaza Has Made Its Choice: It Will Continue to Resist