Meet Antonio C. S. Rosa: Pioneer in Peace Journalism
Peace Journalism, a New Paradigm for Journalists Covering Conflict Situations: Meet the man behind TRANSCEND MEDIA SERVICE-TMS
Antonio Carlos da Silva Rosa, born 1946, is founder-editor of the pioneering Peace Journalism website, TRANSCEND Media Service-TMS (from 2008), an assistant to Prof. Johan Galtung, Secretary of the International Board of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace Development Environment, and recipient of the Psychologists for Social Responsibility’s 2017 Anthony J. Marsella Prize for the Psychology of Peace and Social Justice. He completed the required coursework for a Ph.D. in Political Science-Peace Studies (1994), has a Masters in Political Science-International Relations (1990), and a B.A. in Communication (1988) from the University of Hawai’i. Originally from Brazil, he lives presently in Porto, Portugal. Antonio was educated in the USA where he lived for 20 years; in Europe-India since 1994. Books: Transcender e Transformar: Uma Introdução ao Trabalho de Conflitos (from Johan Galtung, translation to Portuguese, 2004); Peace Journalism: 80 Galtung Editorials on War and Peace (2010, editor); Cobertura de Conflitos: Jornalismo para a Paz (from Johan Galtung, Jake Lynch & Annabel McGoldrick, translation to Portuguese, 2010). TMS articles by Mr. Rosa HERE.
Sebastian Eck is a member of the TRANSCEND Network for Peace Development Environment, a “Personal Conflict Transformation Coach” and the resident Peace Journalist at the Galtung-Institut in Grenzach, Germany. His key topics of concern are ecology, environment and permaculture. He is currently working on interviewing TRANSCEND members for the Network. His special fields of interest are coaching & creating value for people, solving conflicts at the micro-level and permaculture as a crisis prevention measure.
Tags: Peace Journalism, TRANSCEND Media Service
This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 12 Aug 2019.
Anticopyright: Editorials and articles originated on TMS may be freely reprinted, disseminated, translated and used as background material, provided an acknowledgement and link to the source, TMS: Meet Antonio C. S. Rosa: Pioneer in Peace Journalism, is included. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 License.
Click here to go to the current weekly digest or pick another article:
- COVID-19 Dashboard: Live Data Continuously Updated
- [LIVE] Coronavirus Pandemic: Real Time Counter, World Map, News
- Meet the 17-Year-Old Behind a Website Tracking Coronavirus Cases That Is Now a Vital Global Resource
TMS PEACE JOURNALISM:
- 100+ Free Education for Peace (and Justice) Resources Online
- 20 Peace and Solutions-oriented News Media Outlets You Never Knew Existed
- 15 May--International Conscientious Objectors’ Day
- Arms Control & Disarmament: A Failed Marriage
- The Corona – An Opportunity to Replace Militarist Security with Common and Human Security (Part 4)
- Invasion of Venezuela: Is It Operation Just Cause, Bay of Pigs or Wag the Dog?
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS: